Honored Contributor

Re: Details from the "Fresh" House....

What a beautiful place.  I love everything.

Honored Contributor

Love the bedroom. Do not care for the "stuff" on the shelves.

Esteemed Contributor

Bedrooms remind me of my mom and step-father's home. It was a perfect place for entertaining and out-of-town family visits. Mom and her decorator made sure each room "flowed" into the next. It was lovely, yet so relaxing for all ages . . . with plenty of room for his and her children and grandchildren to stay for holidays! How I miss both of them.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb 

Thank you for posting pics again.

The exterior is very quaint.  Reminds me of an English cottage. Space is too dark though.

The bedrooms are well done.  The 1st one is more formal, tidy & welcoming.  The 2nd one is more relaxed & I like the striped rug.  All I can think of "full" bookcases is "I'd hate to dust those."

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I think this is one of my all-time favorites of those that have been posted here.  So very, very liveable, and just so pretty, and almost just-right.  A Goldilocks house.  Woman Wink

I may just have to subscribe to Home & Design magazine.

@GingerPeach  I strongly advise you to pick up a few issues at the market or wherever before deciding whether to subscribe. Although the magazine has featured a few truly lovely homes and interiors in recent months, the norm is very modern design and the focus is on endless ads for designers, landscapers, builders and real estate... That said, I too have been thinking about getting a subscription and keeping fingers crossed that they continue to offer some more traditional spaces... I will say, several issues prior to the most recent had some appealing decor while the current issue is disappointing...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Sigh...the yellow & peach bedroom.

All but the carpet, allergies, and animals, can’t handle them.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Thank you for this excellent advice, @stevieb 

I also notice its focus is on three East coast states, a continent away from me, although good design is good design.

I have not seen it locally here where I am in northern CA.  I'll continue to check it out online for the time being.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Sigh...the yellow & peach bedroom.

All but the carpet, allergies, and animals, can’t handle them.

@Drythe  That's my favorite, too.  I was very drawn to it because my own bedroom is just a little bit like that.  

Ah, carpet!  I only have one dog right now, but even she is not 100% reliable.  And my little dear old sweetie who was with me just before Kiku had me placing potty pads all over the carpet during her last months.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

oh my.  so lovely. 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach 

My guys are ‘reliable’, but sweet Robbie sheds, as all Labs do, once a year from Jan 1st ‘till Dec 31st.

Honestly, I could start a home shop knitting puppies from it.  Hardwood is a must.  Plus I have allergies to dust and likely fur, but don’t want to know.

Our room has butter cream walls, light moss green soft stuff, and hints of lavender which sometimes changes to a bit of Apple red.

Boy cats are a whole different matter!  🙄☹️😡

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras