Honored Contributor

Re: Declutter 2024: What Have You Purged Today?

Just went in my closet.....again.....and pulled out 9 empty clear shoeboxes from the Container Store. They're going to Goodwill tomorrow. I'm holding on to 6.  That's plenty. I never keep original shoeboxes. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Still at it today.  I took my bags filled with clear shoe boxes to Goodwill this morning and had 2 other things for them also.  So those are all gone.

I added a pair of shoes to my consignment bag and a brand new Tupperware colander/strainer. Love my consignment store. She takes just about anything, LOL.

I threw away one Corelle dish that was chipped.  I have 2 small platters going to Goodwill and one to consignment. 

2 dish towels are going to Goodwill.

I have 2 wallets out for me to look at. They still have tags on them. I want to put my stuff in them today and see how I feel about them.  If I don't like them when filled, they will go to consignment tomorrow. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I'm going to consignment today with that D&C top they wanted before if the teeny spot came out, and the 2 pairs of denim I already had mentioned.

So I'm going through whatever else I can find...AND...I'm in one of THOSE moods!!

Ya know....the kind that finally says....I'm tired of you looking at me, judging me...waiting for me to get BACK into you!! And so, I'm letting go of a brand new pair of KUT from the cloth jeans...expensive at retail...but I got them free from my old retail buyer's job, so at least I didn't buy them. They're 2 sizes down from where I'm at now, and were tight on me when I got them...they've hung with tags on them for over 4 years!! BYEeeeeeee!! I'm trying to lose weight to get back comfortably in my 4's but these are a 2! AND low waist, which I don't want anymore. SUCH beautiful feeling denim though, btw...so...just fyi...sometimes you really do get what you pay for, and this is a nice brand. I have another pair they gave me I'm keeping that still fit. Not saying I'm giving up on myself acheiving any health goals, just that I don't want these jeans hanging there anymore!! Sometimes ya gotta start fresh!

Besides that, donating a pair of boots, and a pair of black 9-West pumps I haven't worn in years.

Threw out some shoe boxes too.

Threw out an old tee I just wore with a pair of pj bottoms...but it's got spots I can't get out now...Life's too short to look shabby!!

I've got some "iffy" footwear I'm contemplating...none good enough to go to consigment, so even if I decide to let them go, they're just getting tossed. I'm up to 19 pairs of footwear I've purged/tossed/donated, in the past couple years.

Still wanting to update in that category. Got to run to my local DSW...has been there for years and I've never been.

I emptied the shredder again the other day.

I don't know what else I might find today...

That's it for now!

Trusted Contributor

@amyb & @gidgetgh 

I wish we had a consignment close!

i have so many things that are gently used, purses, shoes...

ive donated several bags, but a ways to go! 

nothing past few days but soon back at it!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fifi1 wrote:

@amyb & @gidgetgh 

I wish we had a consignment close!

i have so many things that are gently used, purses, shoes...

ive donated several bags, but a ways to go! 

nothing past few days but soon back at it!

@Fifi1 @gidgetgh I wish I had one like @gidgetgh, which seems to take anything, post on Social Media, (which, one of mine does too), and just from your (@gidgetgh) posts, seems to be easier, better than any of mine (I really only go to two.)

Yesterday, frustrating again (which is why I have said before, I'll only bother with them when I have like new or new with tags items)...they took my brand new jeans and my D&C top. 

I only attempted my other two jeans yesterday, because I've seen ALL kinds of used denim there.

But alas, they didn't take the other two jeans, which were better than most of the ones they had hanging for sale! I saw a pair on the rack (granted the Sale rack for like "nothing"), a pair with huge gaping holes, (and I realize it's a trend but these were awful, even for this trend)...ugh. They looked dirty and ready to fall apart! And others that were more worn than my two pairs which were in great shape. I should have questioned her. Whateverrrr....I put them in that church donation box on my way home. They are so annoying...and yet, lol...I still bring them a few things occasionally.

Anyway, @gidgetgh Your consignment as always sounds great when I read your posts! You're lucky to have a good one.

My 2nd one takes everything, however, they are the ones that are always booked out 2 months!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

After reading your minimalizing, and great consignment, I have decided I want to be @gidgetgh when I grow up.  Haha.  You do inspire me.  

There are so many boxes in the garage from the current move, I'm still a bit overwhelmed.  Just chipping away at it slowly.  Lots to donate.  Sad that I purchased so many nice decor things, packed away and not used enough and fully enjoyed.  Time to go.  I will never be a minimalist, but I never want my family to have to do what I am doing with my parents home.  It's beyond sad.  Saved for "good" and never or barely used.  

A great friend of mine passed away from cancer 12 years ago.  Her husband said all this saved, for "good", that she never used and enjoyed it daily.  Good never came for her.  I'm clearing out and going to use and enjoy my "good stuff".  

Trusted Contributor

Hi!

very little declutter past few days: odds/ends in cosmetics, some magazine who knows why I saved....

dh took me to a lovely Mother's Day Brunch, came home did laundry.  Heard from our son who lives in another state and received a nice giftcard from him.  

taking down some spring items, dusting and getting ready to decorate for summer in patriotic theme, red, whie, blue. We started doing a seasonal tree this year after Christmas and it's been super fun! dh has really gotten into this!  So far, a Valentines tree and Easter one! Who knew! 
of course, need to organize the items in bins and label! 

so beautiful out, dh has some bubbles chilling for me, so some backyard time now!

All who celebrate Mother's Day hope its was nice! 

Honored Contributor

Hello, it's been a while, again. But, I keep up with what everyone is doing and the reasons why. It does keep me motivated to get back to it, someday, lol.

I have tossed a few things (the normal, everyday type of things, socks with holes, worn-out pot holders, a broken glass, etc.)

I will be hauling 3 outdoor flower pots out of here (replaced these with 2 for my yard), so down 1, lol. Actually I may do that today. My granddaughter is going to be moving to her first house where she will have an actual yard (from apartment living) and said she wanted them, so I'm happy to oblige her on this. 

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

Just Another Maniac Monday

A bit of running around town this morning with a carload of superfluous items. 

Goodwill stop purge:

-Set of Golf Clubs (not seen on the links since 2014)

-Stacks of IKEA various size plastic organizers, 25 total

-Metal brackets for hanging baskets, 10 total

-Framed produce labels, 3 total

County Toxic Disposal stop purge:

-Fire extinguishers, 4 total

This cleared two shelves in garage to begin refilling for my next purge sorties. Happy Monday!

Respected Contributor

Hi all~small, quick, purge today...drawer in my bathroom vanity...the catch-all drawer for backup product and tools.

Got rid of 4 outdated creams (I swear, you spend so much on these, use them once or for one small problem for a few days, then never again! I've thrown out so many of these, only used once, over my lifetime!) Also some old razors that need replacement blades...I only saved one Gillette, but if I'm honest, I always buy the disposable razors now. Anyhoo, threw out all the outdated or no longer used items, freed up plenty of space in there.

That's actually it for me today! Have a good day/week, all.