Esteemed Contributor

Re: Declutter 2019: What have you purged today?

@Eager2Learn : at this rate you will have over 500 items puged by the end of the year!

Keep up the energy and good work.

Honored Contributor

I had 1 lonely item for donations today, lol. Just 1, but I was out that way to drop off recyclables anyway, so it's gone. I have 2 rooms to go through still, one will just be paperwork from the desk and file cabinets, the other is the guest room. I already know that there is not much, if anything, other than some shredding of paperwork from these rooms, so I'm basically done. Unless I just happen upon something.
Keep up the good work on purging everyone!
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I took some more items to recycling this morning- a sweater, 2 t shirts, a new full sized Clinique cleanser and chubby lipstick that I got for free a few days ago. 

Goodwill is just a few doors down so I dropped off the way too heavy cookie sheet, some beaded stretch bracelets,  two sweaters and my husband actually gave me one of his shirts for Goodwill this morning before I left home so it went also.

My consignment shop recently started taking a limited number of children’s clothing and some toys for their second location on the other side of town.  I had a few brand new Lego sets put away for my husband's Grandson.  I think the sets are a little too easy/simple for him now so I took those to consignment also. Two of them have already sold. 

I also returned three sweaters to Talbots today. I bought them recently but had second thoughts about them so I took them back this afternoon. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I got a lot done the past few days.  Took all 2018 receipts and bundled them up....cleared the box out for 2019.  Shredded a bunch of stuff that didn’t need to be saved.  Cleaned out the bottom storage area of my china cabinet.  Cleaned out my sewing basket...that was an experience.  Why I was saving so much useless stuff in there I have no idea.   Took a big bag of junk to the dumpster.  Got a new quilt and shams for my bed....and have the old quilt and shams bagged for Goodwill.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Snicks1 the paperwork is hideous.  That is by far the worst job for me.  I dread it.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp, me too. I generally leave it for the last area to tackle.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Really just cleaning and laundry today- typical Saturday stuff.

Returned items to Home Goods and dropped off a large shipping box from Amazon to recycling. Did not want it hanging around my garage for the next two weeks until the next pickup day.

Valued Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

@Eager2Learn : at this rate you will have over 500 items puged by the end of the year!

Keep up the energy and good work.

Thank you so much. When you put it that way, it sounds like a mountain of stuff. Slow and steady wins the race. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I'm another one that hates paperwork. It's so tedious and time consuming, and there isn't much of a payoff visually for all of the work. That's why I've been putting it off for so long.

But, I did do a bit more work yesterday in my loft with the pictures and the bookcase in our loft/offce space. I got most of the pictures at least sorted out. I put the ones into albums that I could and put the rest in envelopes and stored them in the cabinet under the shelves. The albums aren't as perfect as I would like them to be (some pictures are not in chronological order) but it will have to do for now. I was not in the mood to spend hours rearrangng pictures to put them all in perfect order.

I also put some other items from the bookcase in the cabinet out of sight. I didn't get rid of a lot, but it looks a bit less cluttered.

I still have one stack of papers to sort thru and put into the file cabinet, financial papers that were in folders on the shelf that I want to file away out of sight and then that will be done. I will try to finish that tonight or Tuesday when I'm off. Maybe down the road I'll get some more incentive to work on it again, but I'm about done with this project. 

Respected Contributor

@Eager2Learn - you are doing a really great job so far this year! Think how much lighter you'll be by the end of the year! Keep up the great job!