Regular Contributor

My house was the model home for my community and the professional decorator had used clear tape wrapped a few times around the rods to keep the curtains in place.  It wasn't scotch tape but a thicker tape that I can't think of the name right now.  Maybe masking tape?

Respected Contributor

@geegerbee  If you don't want to buy tie backs or sew them , there is another option.

I have done this myself: get cup hooks from the hardware

store. They screw into the wall or into the window frame.

Then using a decorative cord or nice ribbon from a fabric store, tie back your curtains and loop the cord or ribbon onto the hooks.

(I don't know why my post is being underlined.)

Valued Contributor

I'm not sure if I am misunderstanding your problem, but I had rod pockets that kept creeping across the rod and I finally got some pinch pleats that would stay put.

I am a tad obsessive, so when the drapes would not stay gathered the way I wanted them to it made me nuts!

The tape and the velcro ideas sound like they might do the trick!  I can't believe I didn't think of those things!

Trusted Contributor

Yes, those ideas are helpful. I will try the tape. The meeting of the 2 panels in the middle drives me crazy too.  And prevents the air from coming in when the window is open.

Thanks everyone.

Trusted Contributor

I think just tie-backs are what you need.