Trusted Contributor

I have rod pocket curtains that just slide onto the rod. But I want them to stay open and they keep creeping closed. I tried to find if there is such a thing as a stopper that I can put on the keep the curains apart and off to the sides so light can come through, but I can't find any on the internet. I tried using rubber bands, but that isn't a good look. Any ideas?

Respected Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

I have rod pocket curtains that just slide onto the rod. But I want them to stay open and they keep creeping closed. I tried to find if there is such a thing as a stopper that I can put on the keep the curains apart and off to the sides so light can come through, but I can't find any on the internet. I tried using rubber bands, but that isn't a good look. Any ideas?

@geegerbee, Do you know how to sew a little?

Regular Contributor

What about tie backs or hold backs (I think that is what they are called).  Gathers your curtain panel and keeps it off to the side.  Would something like that help you?

Honored Contributor

Check out Wayfair, curtain tie backs.

Respected Contributor

They sell decorative curved hooks that you use for holding drapes and curtains back. You can get them anywhere they sell curtain rods. They have a lot of different styles and they look really nice.

Trusted Contributor

Do you have a picture of these? Or an item number--maybe from amazon. Not sure what you mean, but sounds as if it would be helpful.

Regular Contributor

I have used clip back earrings (for non-pierced ears).  

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Check out Wayfair, curtain tie backs.

@rms1954 

Wayfair has some of THE most wonderful items!!!

Super Contributor

OK< I think I understand your problem.   I would try some on the rod itself to keep the curtain from sliding.  Like one half of a strip of velcro, the sticky kind, Stick it to the top side of the rod, so when the curtain slides down to the velcro, the roughness of the velco will stop the slide action.  what do you think?

Super Contributor

I have had this problem and solved it by putting a piece of scotch tape from behind the pole, stick tape about 1" on end of curtain and stick it to back of rod.  They don't slide.  I have black rods and the tape is not visible. Hope this works for you - easy and cheap.