Respected Contributor

I have a nice Rowenta iron.  Yesterday I began using it and noticed a ladybug floating INSIDE the little water tank for steaming!!   I do not see any way of getting it out!  Any ideas???

Honored Contributor

Smiley Sad  How unlucky.  The good news is...I doubt this will happen again.

Esteemed Contributor

I keep a water jug by my ironing area for filling my iron.  If you do this, could there have been a lady bug in the jug?  I can empty my ironing water chamber simply by tipping it upside down over the sink.  Have you tried this?  If it doesn't come out, I doubt it will harm anything and maybe eventually flush out?  

@phoenixbrd   I think that lady bugs are good luck Woman Wink.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs   I agree.....lucky for @bargainsgirl but unlucky for ladybug!  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, just do as Tends2dogs said, empty the tank. Any iron I've ever had you simply turn it upside down and let the water drain out. You're supposed to do that anyway when your done with your ironing session.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I have a nice Rowenta iron.  Yesterday I began using it and noticed a ladybug floating INSIDE the little water tank for steaming!!   I do not see any way of getting it out!  Any ideas???

If your Rowena is like mine, open the top where you add water. Pour out remaining water. Try to use iron on stem to use up the little bit of water left in the tank or leave water tank open and let air dry. Now, get your vacuum cleaner with hose and suck up the bug. If it’s too big to suck up. Use some long skinny thing tho break the bug into some pieces and try sucking it up with the vac again.

Respected Contributor

THanks for all the tips but nothing is working.  I did the self clean and then filled it numerous times and tried to "pour" it out.  No luck.  i may just need to wait till the bug disintegrates and then clean the iron again.  Crazy!!

Honored Contributor

Oh, THAT type of iron....LOL    I thought this was going to be about iron in your blood, as in anemia...LOL   I don't iron anything, I can't even tell you when I last touched the iron so it's off my radar.  

Honored Contributor

That's quite unusual!  At least it wasn't an icky stink bug.  Then again, one less........!

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I keep a water jug by my ironing area for filling my iron.  If you do this, could there have been a lady bug in the jug?  I can empty my ironing water chamber simply by tipping it upside down over the sink.  Have you tried this?  If it doesn't come out, I doubt it will harm anything and maybe eventually flush out?  

@phoenixbrd   I think that lady bugs are good luck Woman Wink.

Evidently not lucky for this particular ladybug....