Regular Contributor

Hi....I'm back after a long absence!  I was overseas for several months, then I came back and couldn't find you guys.  Anyway, I'm glad I found this thread once again.

Here's some Anna news you might not have heard (she answered my question on Facebook):  Oct 7 is a 24 hr craft day and she has the Today's Special which will be a Christmas card kit that can be used for either pop up cards...OR...regular cards!  YAY!  Also, there will be a companion kit of 1000 die cuts to go with this kit plus it can be used in lots of other ways.  

Then, Anna is coming out with her very own coloring book!!  It will be shown on Oct 5 during the Monday Night Show with Adam.  I don't know the exact times but it'll be on their program guide when it gets closer to the date.  I'm hoping it's full of beautiful flowers....signature Anna Griffin style!  

She said she will have 9 full hours of air time on Oct 5 and Oct 7.  Better get those credit cards cooled off before they go into overdrive!

I bought the holiday foil layers, glitter card stock and white holiday cards (for the minc) but haven't received anything yet.  I'll be anxious to read all your reviews on the various goodies you bought.

I'm glad to be back!

Regular Contributor

I feel pretty safe in saying Anna would never, ever send a store bought card!  

Valued Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Interesting watching Anna Griffin on HSN the last couple days.  She sure is into crafting.  I wonder if she ever sends a store-bought card.

I can't even imagine she'd ever do that!

Valued Contributor

@Kati wrote:

Hi....I'm back after a long absence!  I was overseas for several months, then I came back and couldn't find you guys.  Anyway, I'm glad I found this thread once again.

Here's some Anna news you might not have heard (she answered my question on Facebook):  Oct 7 is a 24 hr craft day and she has the Today's Special which will be a Christmas card kit that can be used for either pop up cards...OR...regular cards!  YAY!  Also, there will be a companion kit of 1000 die cuts to go with this kit plus it can be used in lots of other ways.  

Then, Anna is coming out with her very own coloring book!!  It will be shown on Oct 5 during the Monday Night Show with Adam.  I don't know the exact times but it'll be on their program guide when it gets closer to the date.  I'm hoping it's full of beautiful flowers....signature Anna Griffin style!  

She said she will have 9 full hours of air time on Oct 5 and Oct 7.  Better get those credit cards cooled off before they go into overdrive!

I bought the holiday foil layers, glitter card stock and white holiday cards (for the minc) but haven't received anything yet.  I'll be anxious to read all your reviews on the various goodies you bought.

I'm glad to be back!

Hi Kati,

So glad to see you back! I have wondered about you as you were here a short time and then disappeared. We need our crafters to stick together. So many have come and gone over the years and there aren't a whole lot of us left over here.

I kind of figured Oct. 7 would be all day since Anna has the TS. I might be more interested in the companion kit than the actual TS but that might change when I see it, especially if they can be used for regular cards. I'm not into pop-up cards at all. But what I am curious about is Oct. 5. What is that about? Is the show you mentioned the only one for that day or will there be other craft shows?

I heard Anna mention the coloring books on the shows Tuesday. I'm not into that but I am sure there will be a lot of happy crafters to see that! I'm sure they will be beautiful!

I can't wait to hear your reviews. Happy crafting!

Frequent Contributor

Hi Kati........thanks so much for sharing that info about Oct. 5 and 7.  I am keeping those days clear in order to see it all.  My credit card will be pretty cooled off by then so Anna.......here I come!!

I bought the angelic toppers kit but that was all.  

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the welcome back!  

Does everyone subscribe to Anna's blog?  She put one out today listing all the times she'll be on Oct 5 and 7, as well as showing a short video featuring her new coloring books!  

If you don't subscribe, you really should sign up.  She does previews of all her new products and has lots of product giveaways.  

Here's a link to today's blog with the coloring book info + October show times:

http://blog.annagriffin.com/2015/09/11/are-you-ready-for-october/

Respected Contributor

I finally ordered the Cuttlebug and a few other things.  I'm going to try doing some cards. I bought the Cricut Explorer last year to make some things for my daughter's wedding. What a nightmare. I needed to custom design and had a bunch of issues with their software. As long as you used their images it was ok, otherwise not. Anyway, I returned it. 

I used to make jewelry but that's become too tedious and hard on my hands and neck. 

The cards look fun!

Regular Contributor

Oh, I forgot to mention....(quote from the blog)

We will be on all day long with the Christmas Pop Up Card Making Kit Today’s Special and so many other new items we can barely keep count- nearly 30 of them!

Seriously?  Nearly 30 new items?  I really can't keep up....storage wise or financial wise!!  What's a poor Anna Griffin fan to do?

Regular Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

I finally ordered the Cuttlebug and a few other things.  I'm going to try doing some cards. I bought the Cricut Explorer last year to make some things for my daughter's wedding. What a nightmare. I needed to custom design and had a bunch of issues with their software. As long as you used their images it was ok, otherwise not. Anyway, I returned it. 

I used to make jewelry but that's become too tedious and hard on my hands and neck. 

The cards look fun!

Hi Reba!  Interesting comment about the Cricut.  I personally have no interest in the Cricut; I find the designs to be too "perfect" for my tastes, like cookie cutter designs.  I like the more homemade, less precision looking cards.  

Plus, I'm very low tech...my Minc machine is about as high tech as I go! haha  Oh, BTW, I do love my Minc!  My local Joann's just sold all their Heidi Swapp Minc foils and paper products on clearance....so I got lots of Minc goodies for anywhere from 97 cents to $2.97.  Score!

I think you'll love your Cuttlebug.  Once you start embossing and die cutting and putting it all together, you'll have a ball making beautiful handmade cards.

Valued Contributor

Hi all, I  received my September 8 am items, but havent had the energy to get beyond opening the main box. Will post my reviews when i do. My poor mom has been back in the hospital all week so i dont get home unntil 10 or 11 pm & I hate to open things when I'm too tired to really enjoy opening the packages.

I read on her blog that October 7 is NOT  a 24 hour Craft Day, it's 18 hours. I think she is being givenbad info by HSN or not paying attention because i knoe the October was originally announced as a 24 Craft Day & I'm pretty sure SeSeptember 8 was as well. Sorry for the sloppy typing hard, it ishard to do this on my phone & ssometimes i am content to let it slide :-)

@Kati so good to have you back!  I am with you in terms of being low tech although i would like to have a Cricut. I just have no luck with sophisticated machinery so I have my Cuttlebug & now my Minc, though it makes me nervous. How long will that heating element last?

@Reba055 i think you will really enjoy your Cuttlebug. Be sure to check out YouTube for videos by Anna & other crafters on ways to use it.

@glor46er@Krimpette@Qgirl26 & @Marsha2003,Reba & Kati & others (sorry, cant check for other posters while typing),  30 items is A LOT of new stuff, hope she isnt spreading herself too thin. I understand about striking while the iron is hot, but wow! Of course, maybe items wont sell out so quickly if there is a lot of choice. Looking forward to other products too. I already enjoy adding my 3Birds Foil& Pearlescent embellies  to my Anna cards!