Respected Contributor

@glor46er wrote:

Has anyone been in Joanns and saw the mini card kits that they have from Anna?  You get four 5 x 7" cards, envelopes, and the embellishments needed to complete the card.  Many themes like get well, birthday, for my Mom, etc.  They are $5.99 per kit and are on an end of an aisle in my Joanns.  With a coupon, they would be 1/2 off or 40% off.  I got one of the birthday kits today.

Sadly, our Joanns closed.  I wonder if anyone else carries those kits?  I'm off to start searching online...

Valued Contributor

So I guess tomorrow is not 24 hours of crafts? According to the program guide, there are some craft shows but not all day. I was disappointed to see that.

Frequent Contributor

I was disappointed, too.  I am not going to be able to see Anna's first two hours, but will catch the 5:00 show.  Also disappointed to see that the new tag kit she previewed won't be on.  I may order the angels kit today but that is all I am interested in.  I wanted to see her Christmas card kits, esp. the pop up one.

Valued Contributor

Hi QGirl & Glor46er, I was disappointed too that they just had 5-6 hours of crafts when I thought it was a 24 hour event. I didnt discover that until almost midnight. I went back to Anna's blogs to see why I thought it was an all-day event, but 2-3 of her blogs are missing!  

I truly apologize & am so sorry for misleading everyone here. I'm sure I read it because I am very careful with times, days, item #'s etc.because I know people rely on that info.

Nonetheless, i made a list & bought at midnight, got home today around 7:30pm & decided I couldnt live without the Pretty Patterns kit so I was buying it & it was stolen from my bag as I was entering my PW! :-)  Having learned from others here that people do cancel orders, I kept trying to buy it & i was finally lucky enough to get it. 

Not sure where we areposting purchases & reviews, but I will start here. I have to tell you that Anna Griffin is becoming an addiction. You pay for her items but the quality & designs are worth the money. I would have loved to have attended her crafting event in Atlanta. That is going to be a special weekend.  Anyway, here are my purchases:

371-688 Angelic Card Toppers

442-892 Pretty Patterns Cards & Envelopes

442-893 White Christmas Cards, Layers & Envelopes

442-881 Holiday Foiled Layers Cardstock Sheets

442-896 100-Piece Holiday Perfect Bows Assortment

I also recently received my Minc auto-ship for Christmas. Anna said she created the White Christmas Cards, Layers & Envelopes to be used with this Minc shipment so I am more than ready & able to begin making Christmas cards.  Will let you know my thoughts on my purchases. Talk with you soon, I hope!

Respected Contributor

I'm disappointed that the new tags weren't offered, but I did purchase the Pretty Patterns Cards and the large set of flower die cuts.  I bought mine last Thursday because I was afraid that they cards would sell out and they did.  I should receive my order today or tomorrow.

Valued Contributor

You didn't do anything wrong, mewsmomtoo! I think possibly it was supposed to be a 24 hour craft event. I have another online friend who told me it was all day crafts for that day too so somewhere along the line, something was said by Anna Griffin (that is where my friend got her information as well) and then it changed. I was reading her facebook page and someone there asked what happened to it being all day. I don't think any of you imagined it. It's possible even Anna Griffin herself was wrong to begin with and posted the wrong information. Maybe they are doing that on October 7 when her card kit comes out as a TS.

I at least got to be home for the shows, memsmomtoo! I didn't order a lot. I got the Christmas cricut cartridge and the Angelic card toppers kit. I did order the inker with the stamps but decided with the shows coming up in October, I need to save my money so I cancelled that item. For now anyway. Anna said October would be her biggest shows ever so I thought I'd better not leave my credit card smoking now because it's likely to be on fire next month. I have been on the fence with the bows. I really love them but there are so many things I want! Someone needs to just throw money at me. It would make it so much easier lol! Enjoy all your new things!

Valued Contributor

Hi QGirl & Marsha, this font looks really tiny but I can't change it on my phone. Hope it is still readable.  @Marsha2003 I was disappointed about the tags too. Those are a "must have" so I hopethey appear in October.  The flower diecuts are so pretty & will go perfectly with the Perfect Patterns.  I'm glad she put out this set of cards, it's a great way to use up her products as well as other diecuts, stamps etc.that you may have.  In the past i have just cut & folded scrapbooking paper, but I like having cards that are made to be cards. It doesnt look cheap like the paper can.

@Qgirl26, so you own a Cricut? How do you like it? I really have no luck with computer related items so I have stayed away, but then I see the things you can create & think it would be fun to haveone.  Glad you got the Angelic Card Toppers, they sold out again. They are so pretty & not just for Christmas so I am glad to have them. I didnt plan to buy so much but I ddecided to get the things i wanted now instead of waiting. Hope i dont want much in October, just the tags. The Christmas pop-ups are beautiful but having bought the Endearments pop-ups in July, I know they are not my thing. I like just piling things on :-D

That's why I bought the bows, couldnt resist different colors & different sizes.

If you find someone to throw money your way, send them to me too! I hope to be homefor October  but who can plan that far ahead? :-)  

Valued Contributor
PS Thanks for letting me know I wasnt the only one who thought that yesterday was a 24 hour event. Kind of weird because HSN doesn't seem to have those kind of random craft shows anymore. Oh well.
Valued Contributor

@mewsmomtoo wrote:

Hi QGirl & Marsha, this font looks really tiny but I can't change it on my phone. Hope it is still readable.  @Marsha2003 I was disappointed about the tags too. Those are a "must have" so I hopethey appear in October.  The flower diecuts are so pretty & will go perfectly with the Perfect Patterns.  I'm glad she put out this set of cards, it's a great way to use up her products as well as other diecuts, stamps etc.that you may have.  In the past i have just cut & folded scrapbooking paper, but I like having cards that are made to be cards. It doesnt look cheap like the paper can.

@Qgirl26, so you own a Cricut? How do you like it? I really have no luck with computer related items so I have stayed away, but then I see the things you can create & think it would be fun to haveone.  Glad you got the Angelic Card Toppers, they sold out again. They are so pretty & not just for Christmas so I am glad to have them. I didnt plan to buy so much but I ddecided to get the things i wanted now instead of waiting. Hope i dont want much in October, just the tags. The Christmas pop-ups are beautiful but having bought the Endearments pop-ups in July, I know they are not my thing. I like just piling things on :-D

That's why I bought the bows, couldnt resist different colors & different sizes.

If you find someone to throw money your way, send them to me too! I hope to be homefor October  but who can plan that far ahead? :-)  

I have Cricut Expression, so one of the older machines, or "legacy" machines as they call them.  I am not good with the computer when it comes to things like that so I'm not sure how I'd do with the Cricut Explore. It might be nice but I actually like having the actual cartridges. I guess I'm old school that way. The only thing I wish is that the Expression had that smart dial so I wouldn't waste so much paper. I don't use mine a lot lately, but I really do love what it can do.

I saw the toppers sold out so I was glad I got mine. But I also read that they will be back for October so if anyone missed out, they will be available again. That is good. So many things are one and done. I like when they bring things back so we can have more than one chance at things.

I'm not into the pop-ups either. I don't know if that's what the new Christmas card kit will be. If it is, I will pass. Truthfully, I will probably pass anyway because I still have plenty of stuff left from even two years ago (didn't get last year's) and they put them on clearance for so much cheaper than it is even as the Today's Special. But I do love Christmas crafts so I'm hoping they have other things in store. Not too much though!

If anyone comes along throwing money, I will send them your way so you will be next! We can both dream.

Honored Contributor

Interesting watching Anna Griffin on HSN the last couple days.  She sure is into crafting.  I wonder if she ever sends a store-bought card.