Honored Contributor

Re: Corner Shower, Clark Kent Style

I don't like the dark green.

I'd like to see the rest of the bathroom.

Respected Contributor

I actually like the shower but the step into it is too high. When planning bathrooms it is wise to think about how you are going to use the bathroom when you grow older. 

Honored Contributor

It's very pretty and I love the architecture of the room, but....

The shower looks like an afterthought, possibly in the corner of a bedroom.  That is some heavy duty wood paneling, my first thought was a library, but who would do that?  Wood panel walls and a rug not very practical in a bathroom, but the rug could be indoor/outdoor.  

It's nice to look at, though. 

Honored Contributor

I like everything about it but would definitely change the floor to solid color off white marble. I think it would brighten up the room ...and carpet in the bath is a NO for me.

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 

Privacy issue:  In our FL condo, the former owners replaced a huge corner soaking tub with a huge corner shower that could accommodate about 5 people !  The entry door is clear glass, the sides are shoulder high.

It felt as though you were on stage !!!  So I found a bright white silky-looking shower curtain with hooks that would slide on top of the frame.  I mounted it outside the door and could slide the hooks from inside the shower.

Problem solved for a few dollars.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex 

We are in the same...

DH and I will sell and move closer!

Yes, the large debate will soon be happening...what to update and what to just leave? He really doesn’t want the “bother.”

@lolakimono 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I prefer frosted glass for the simple reason I don't like to see bottles of shampoo, razors, soap, etc inside of the shower  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jlkz @lolakimono 

It sounds wonderful! A great big shower area!

Did you just move there lately? WOW

Am trying to picture the way you “fixed” the privacy issue? Again, how did you do this? TIA

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@LTT1 

We bought the condo 8 years ago when housing market was down....it is a snowbird getaway !

Shower door:  The door frame top allowed me to slide shower curtain hooks along the front edge.  The curtain stays on the outside of the door.  Slides easily from in shower.

If there were no easy to use ledge, I would have used 2 3M hooks to suspend a thin rod on the outside of the door from which to slide the shower curtain hooks.

HTH

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I would have aqua color walls and would prefer a shower with privacy.