Honored Contributor

Re: Community Yard Sale -- Oh dear!

@homedecor1. I can only imagine what a Q tag sale looked like.  The stuff I moved on was from the Q too.  I know am item won't fetch what it was purchased for, but 80% off is painful.  😀.

Honored Contributor

I’m so not a yard sale, garage sale,  thrift sale kind of girl. I’m busy trying to get rid of the stuff we don’t need. The last thing I need to do is bring in things that someone else didn’t want. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@GCR18wrote:

@KentuckyWomanwrote:

@GCR18wrote:

It's too painful trying to sell things.  LOL.  I pack it up and go to goodwill.

I agree with you but some of our things were too expensive to donate.  You never get what you paid for them or what they are worth but I do get something back.  Most of it does go to Goodwill or ReStore Habitat for Humanity. 

@KentuckyWoman I understand.  My friend had a yard sale and I packed up stuff I no longer liked or used.  I didn't go to the yard sale, but my friend told me the stories of people talking her down.  I told her sell it, I don't want it back.  I think it was worse hearing how much things sold for.  LOL.  I'd rather donate and not know what happened.

Yard sales are out of the question for us.  Too much work.  Several of our neighbors used to have an annual yard sales each fall.  The last year we did it, we actually had people attempt to walk off without paying and the others would try and talk you down on the prices.  After that, we all agreed NEVER AGAIN.  It was awful. 

Honored Contributor

This is too funny!!!

DFBE7CE1-42F7-4B01-BB4E-768084F484B6.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1

I was 'worried' about you with the sale coming up! I thought you would be tempted (heck who wouldn't, your area has such great stuff), but you held strong!!!

I think you were really smart to pre sell too. There was just too much competition to move it all or get a good price. 

Standing strong with the spending freeze!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio

I know it's hard to imagine .... I've been sooooo good!

I almost caved had to go to Target today.  I bet I haven't been in there since last summer I stayed focused...right to kids clothes/toys!

Its getting easier.  Tomorrow i'll be finishing up by dropping off my various small things to Habitat.💃💃