Honored Contributor

Re: Colorful Sitting Area...

I would have a different pattern in the drapes and I do love that there are drapes on the windows.  Aside from that and a rug change, I do like the room, it has appeal.

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like a little girls room. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's not what I was expecting when I opened the thread, but I think it's pretty.  Feminine and sweet.  

Honored Contributor

I could get into this but I don't see this as being family oriented or something that most men would like.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Too many prints going on.  Maybe a pillow or two, but the rest would have to be solid colors for me.  I like the furniture and hutch.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Love that the room is bright & cheery .. not loving so much the "florals" as it's a bit too much over-done to me.  Maybe if the patterns were smaller, it would work better for me.  Furnishings are pretty, but I'd rather a round table in the setting.  Overall, I'd prefer a more "coastal" theme to the room.  

Thank you for sharing.

Respected Contributor

That window doesn't need curtains. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sceniccoast wrote:

@stevieb 

Love that the room is bright & cheery .. not loving so much the "florals" as it's a bit too much over-done to me.  Maybe if the patterns were smaller, it would work better for me.  Furnishings are pretty, but I'd rather a round table in the setting.  Overall, I'd prefer a more "coastal" theme to the room.  

Thank you for sharing.

@sceniccoast  I'm good with all the colors and flowers just not on everything. The pillows, curtains and rug are too much when taken altogether. Have to say, though, I like the rug. Realizing 'coastal' is your thing, keep in mind that it's not for everyone! Smiley Wink Somebody here clearly prefers flowers. Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Of course, I've always kept in mind, everyone has their own personal style & opinions.  I never intend to be judgemental of others.  If i did, I apologize.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sceniccoast wrote:

@stevieb 

Of course, I've always kept in mind, everyone has their own personal style & opinions.  I never intend to be judgemental of others.  If i did, I apologize.

Oh @sceniccoast no, of course you weren't. Absolutely no need to apologize. I was just teasing you a bit... You're one of the nicest posters around...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...