Honored Contributor

Re: Colorful Library Area...

I like the sofa and built-in bookshelves. Not a fan of some of the pillows & the blue & white table & jars. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I also have to say, I've been contemplating a new sofa for my main living area and while odds are I won't, I now have to consider red and I have to consider a sectional... I'd long thought about a sectional and, perhaps, deleting a couple of chairs, but have resisted the option until now... If I can find a somewhat traditional and not too large sectional, I'll do believe have to give it a serious look... I've considered the notion before, but always rules it out as limiting my furniture arrangement options, but since I'm not moving furniture around as often as I did back 'in the day' that becomes much less of an issue... I suspect the challenge will be finding something smaller, something with a more traditional flavor that's affordable and yet offers a good choice of fabric and color options... Most sectionals that are readily available these days seem to be contemporary in flavor and offered in the typical color choices of oatmeal, grey or brown... None of which floats my boat in the least... No rush on this so I can take my time and look around...

@stevieb 

You are not alone in your search for the perfect sofa...I have been looking too and dont like the contemporary look nor the oatmeal, grey, or taupe color selections available.... Woman Frustrated  These light colors are just not practical....and the style isnt what I like!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I like the wall areas.

Even the the red sofa works, I would not have chosen that color.