Valued Contributor

I am looking for a retractable clothes line that I can install on aluminum patio cover posts.  Our old house had one that was installed on the brick pillars but I can't find one that can be screwed into aluminum.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Super Contributor

Amazon. Home Depot. Local hardware store.

Esteemed Contributor

A thought - without much 'thought'...............do you know a handy man?    Wondering if a small square of wood can be attached to your aluminum patio pole - and then your clothes line attached  (screwed) in the wood.

Bet somebody else will have a better idea - but this just to get you thinking.

Nothing is impossible........................

Super Contributor

Would you be using to hang heavy, wet things like towels? If so, I think maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to mount the line onto an aluminum pole. It might not be sturdy enough.

I'm sorry I don't have any good suggestions for you. Good luck!

Valued Contributor

@PreKteacher wrote:

Would you be using to hang heavy, wet things like towels? If so, I think maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to mount the line onto an aluminum pole. It might not be sturdy enough.

I'm sorry I don't have any good suggestions for you. Good luck!

No not towels, mostly clothes that shouldn't go in the dryer.  Had a good set up in our old house with a retractable line fastened to a brick pillar.  I have a rack I take outside but it's kind of a nuisance, more limited in space and lower to the ground.