Frequent Contributor

I have black ceramic floor tile in the kitchen and I can not get it to look clean. It always looks smeared. I normally use a string mop but last night I used the Mr Clean sponge mop. Woke up this morning and it looks and feels greasy even though this was a brand new mop. Is it the cleaner that makes the di1fference? Or the type of mop? I've tried vinagar, different organic cleaners. My steam mop was the worse. You'd think with it being just hot water, it'd get it skeaky clean but it still looked smeared. Any secrets I don't know about.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cleaning black floor tile

I swear by my Hann steamer. Not all floor steamers are created equal and I needed one that was a true steam and applied no water to the floor. My ceramic and marble floors are ivory and I had a similar problem with seeing streaks with all other mop systems. The second best system I had was using the Don Astlette microfiber mop and dampening the microfiber pad. This works great on my hardwood floors as well. I have dogs and an semi open floor plan with all ivory colored floor surfaces.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Dee. I had a Shark steamer. I may look in to the Hann. They looked similar to me.

Super Contributor

Do you have a cieling fan blowing on it. A fan will always cause this. Is the weather crisp or humid ?

Try mixing ALBERTO V-05 shampoo with your mop water and see if this works. On a clear crisp day and no fan