Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Tree decorating style, what is yours?

P1500702.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

My tree is a mixture of sentimental and some shiny new things thrown in to the mix.  

I'm enjoying seeing all of your tree photos.  

For some reason, I really don't like decorating my tree.  I do like displaying and arranging the other decor, though.

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:
I have a large collection of Old World Christmas ornaments. Actually, very large. I have to laugh. Do not ask me how we get them all on one tree - it literally takes us hours to decorate one tree. I still manage to buy a few or get a few as gifts every year though - I MUST stop, or buy another tree!! 

You could make a wreath and attach some of the ornaments to the wreath.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do a baking theme tree every year.

I have a bunch of these cookie ornaments. I think they are from Raz.

Cookie Ornament.jpg

My favorite thing is the cupcake garland (also from Raz) as well as the full size cupcakes.

Ornaments.jpg

On the bottom I put these huge popcorn ball ornaments I found a number of years ago, they make you hungry.

Tree 2.jpg

I do colored lights with some sets blinking and some sets stationary.

I fill in with glass ball ornaments that we used to use on our tree growing up, original Shiny Bright-type stuff.

I go back and forth between a real tree and an artificial tree. It just depends on whether I am home for the holidays or traveling, when Christmas falls (do I have enough time to go and buy a tree and bring it home vs just bringing it upstairs on a Tuesday night).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

post removed

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Our tree is always covered in an eclectic mix of our favorite ornaments. I am not theme oriented with anything in my house, especially Christmas trees.
Valued Contributor

I love everyone's trees! Thank you for posting them!

We've had two trees for the last few years. One, a small white one, and one a larger 6ft. tree. The small one was decorated with unique ornaments found in lots of different places. The large tree is either done in all of the Shiny Brite ornaments, Hallmark ornaments, or sometimes a mixture of what we have.

The Shiny Brite ornaments are from both our family trees growing up, and a few we were fortunate to find at flea markets, etc. They're my favorites. The Hallmark ones mostly were gifts over the years, and some I've purchased. I do like them, and have enough to do the big tree with them.

We've pared down alot of decorations this year, so we just have the large tree now. The Hallmark ornaments mixed with the one of a kind ones will decorate this years tree. I have pinecones and dried orange slices that I made last fall to add in, and give it a more fresh feel, since it's artificial tree. I love reading how everyone does their trees. Good thread! pinky

Honored Contributor

We have a lovely alcove in our home that easily fits a 9ft high full tree. On it are the lifetime collections of myself, my parents and grandparents and my inlaws. No color, no theme except love and memories. I absolutely love decorating it and often some of the decorations bring a sentimental tear to my eye. Many my Mom and I made for my first tree the year I was married. I also have ones that came from Germany when my ancestors came here.

Honored Contributor

I have a 7 foot green tree.  Ornaments are silver and sage green.  Lights are white.  Very simple.  I haven't put it up in a while.  Considering taking it out this year.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

QVC hosts would have heart attacks over the tree in my family home. (I always visit my parents for Christmas and never get a tree myself.) It's covered in every ornament we've ever had or made. There's no theme, no color scheme, no cohesion. Poor Jill or Lisa R would fall over dead at the sight of it.

I always have to wonder if they secretly have a tree just like that in their home, but just never admit to it!

Jill has said before that the family tree that Santa puts presents under has the family ornaments on it and is more of a mish-mosh.  But then she does a more upscale tree with all white lights and a specific color theme, in her sun room.