Honored Contributor

So many Parisians occupy apartments and many are quite old with exceptional bones, amazing detail and often very large windows... I'll never claim to appreciate filling one of these gems with contemporary furniture, but even that can't conceal the fabulous-ness of this room... In so many cases, it's the decor that makes the room... Here, the room itself takes center stage and, in fact, makes the decor work... In this instance, the mix of mostly modern pieces with a few more formal French antiques, including the amazing mirror, works quite nicely in this most impressive space...

061316_ParisianChic_ClaudeWeber.jpeg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Chic Parisian Apartment...

I love the chest and the mirror.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

It's beautiful....just not for me.  I love the more modern furniture (which is very me) but would probably like it (sofas) in different colors better.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

While it's nice, it is too ornate for me. I am a minimalist I like very clean lines.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lots of stuff just not "right" about the room.  Can't possibly be "real life."

Sofa is too long for that wall causing the mirror not to be centered over the sofa.  And there appear to be doors behind the chest.

On the left side, there's not very much room to maneuver when you come into the room.  You have to squeeze between the black chair and sofa or walk around between the chair and the window - possibly snagging the curtains.

The black chair on the right - can't tell for sure - but looks like doors behind the chair.

061316_ParisianChic_ClaudeWeber.jpegver

Honored Contributor

Let me also suggest that if you can, enlarge the picture. The herringbone hardwood floors are stunning...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It is really pretty, but not my style at all, and the sofa is too long for that wall, and you have to wonder what is in the doors behind the chest? The floors are gorgeous though!

Respected Contributor

very pretty to look at, but way too formal for my everyday casual life.   

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Not my lifestyle at all, but lovely to see.

Seems to need maids and no jeans 🤣

Esteemed Contributor

Reminds me of scenery from many old classic movies.