Respected Contributor

Changing the sheets on the bed

Maybe you already know this, and I am the last person in the world to learn it.  When I change the sheets, even though I have a 50-50 chance of getting the fitted sheet turned the right direction, it seems I miss 75% of the time.  I invaribly start with the long side at the head, then have to turn it around and start over.

Imagine my surprise when I learned that the tag sewn into the corner of the sheets signifies the lower right corner of the mattress!  It works, People!  Woman LOL

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Re: Changing the sheets on the bed

I've always known that for Northern Night sheets, wasn't sure if it applied to other brands.

Respected Contributor

LOL!  Thanks for the reminder.  Every time I think I'll remember, but I don't.  Must be a short attention span because it couldn't possibly be because I don't remember things like I used to.Woman LOL

Maybe this will reinforce the memory.  Well, one can always hope...

Honored Contributor

that's interesting, I use the tag as a guide, but didnt know it was sewn there on purpose

Honored Contributor

LOL!!! I have made a bed like this all my life. Only ever had one set of Northern Nights where they had sewn the tag in the upper right corner instead of the lower right corner at the end of the bed.

Honored Contributor

Actually you should reverse the direction of your bottom sheet when you change it, to minimize excess wear 

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

My Ralph Lauren king sheets have the tag on the bottom left.

Respected Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

My Ralph Lauren king sheets have the tag on the bottom left.

Dontcha know those designers would have to be different?Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I've heard people mention that, about that tag (assuming they all have the tag at the same place).

But I found myself just buying sheet sets that have the tone-on-tone stripes.  They look nice and they always go vertical.

Like you, I had the same problem - every time I'd choose a direction it was the wrong one. With my physical limitations at this point and the arthritis problems, I would get extremely frustrated trying to get the fitted sheet on.

Now I ONLY purchase striped ones.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG

took me a while too.  Why is it so hard to get the right side.  Sometimes I spin it around a couple times, even with the tag.  Hahahah.  In my case , getting old is not for sissies, LOL

In my "old age" I have decided I like line dried sheets again.  I dry them, and iron them.  I don't iron fitted sheet, but I do pillow cases and top sheet.  I know...I am nuts.  I never did this until last year.  Except for the late 60's when I didn't have a dryer!!