Honored Contributor

Dennis Basso Reindeer lantern....

H207690

"As Is" Dennis Basso 14" Metal Holiday Lantern with Flameless Candle w/Timer

Available in Red or White.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso Reindeer lantern....

Thanks for keeping us posted as the newer as is items show up, @lucymo

There are quite a few as is items currently.  There are a few things I'm still hoping will show up that haven't yet, but as Susan Louise pointed out on another thread, folks know that they have until January to return CIJ things, so there is still hope that we will continue to see things pop up.  

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo

@SHOPR  Hi Guys....thanks for the info Lucy.  I really loved this lantern when it first appeared but I ended up getting the Luminara TSV since I can change it for each season.  Right now I have small pumpkins around the candle in mine.  I'm tempted to try this one, but still think its sort of pricey even at an As Is price.  Will have to think about it, but I'm sure tempted, especially in the red.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

H207690

I returned two of the red due to defects.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

H207690

@mousiegirl  Hi mousiegirl, someone will probably get the two you returned.  I didn't order any of them as I have enough lanterns until the next one shows up that I just can't let pass.  lol

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

H207690

@mousiegirl  Hi mousiegirl, someone will probably get the two you returned.  I didn't order any of them as I have enough lanterns until the next one shows up that I just can't let pass.  lol

I wish I could warn them.  One had so many dents on the roof it was crazy, and the other had missing paint right down to the raw metal on the reindeer on the door.    The third is on it's way, and if it isn't right, I won't try again, I will just assume that I wasn't meant to have the red. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Thanks for keeping us posted as the newer as is items show up, @lucymo

There are quite a few as is items currently.  There are a few things I'm still hoping will show up that haven't yet, but as Susan Louise pointed out on another thread, folks know that they have until January to return CIJ things, so there is still hope that we will continue to see things pop up.  

@SHOPR, You are correct about there being a lot of 'as is' items now. I ordered a Valerie mirror centerpiece(H197823) in as is and I am wondering if it will have chips or something when I get it. It had $17+ off reg price.  The 'as is' item # is H207466 in case someone wants to watch for it.  Sometimes, people just change their mind when an item doesn't fit where they planned to use it or look just right.  Hope that's the case with the mirroe centerpiece.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR, You are correct about there being a lot of 'as is' items now. I ordered a Valerie mirror centerpiece(H197823) in as is and I am wondering if it will have chips or something when I get it. It had $17+ off reg price.  The 'as is' item # is H207466 in case someone wants to watch for it.  Sometimes, people just change their mind when an item doesn't fit where they planned to use it or look just right.  Hope that's the case with the mirroe centerpiece.  :-)

I hope you get a good mirror, @lucymo.  I know that I have somehow scratched mine a little, and I'm very careful with it, so be sure to check for scratches when you get it.  Maybe it will be perfect, or close enough. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I hope you get a good mirror, @lucymo.  I know that I have somehow scratched mine a little, and I'm very careful with it, so be sure to check for scratches when you get it.  Maybe it will be perfect, or close enough. 

Hi @SHOPR, I have Valerie's original three piece set of mirror center pieces from years ago and they are very easily scratched.  One of the main cons about this set is how it gets so many scratches too.  I am careful but I don't even remember when I got this set, too long ago.  :-)  I have corners chipped from people hitting it with their plates so it's time for a new one.  But, if I get a bad one I'll return it.  I also ordered the end pieces from regular stock since I'm used to having the three pieces.