Honored Contributor

Catherine Zeta-Jones Coming to QVC

[ Edited ]

She will debut a line of linens and home furnishings on September 28th. 

"I can't wait for everyone to see Casa Zeta-Jones. I am thrilled to bring my home and bedding line to QVC," she said in a statement. "This is a project I have been passionate about and working on for years now, and I am delighted to share it with QVC customers.

Well, you said you wanted something new and different.  Be careful of what you ask for..... 

So what will the collection include? The first launch will feature bath towels, bedding, rugs, and table linens, all of which will take inspiration from the actress's Welsh heritage. Additionally, Zeta-Jones is said to have taken cues from her life as a star, referencing Old Hollywood for a touch of “luxury, opulence, functionality, and versatility.”

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Catherine Zeta-Jones Coming to QVC

Yet another celebrity with home furnishings. Ho hum.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624

Boy oh boy, you nailed it with your "be careful of what you ask for" statement.  When it comes to QVC, the more that things change, the more that they stay the same.  

Have zero interest in her "stuff".

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Trusted Contributor

Well, I'm not going to judge until I see her stuff.  I'll never understand why some people are so quick to dismiss or judge products designed and endorsed by celebrities, yet they have no problem spending their money at Walmart and making the Walton family wealthier.  What is the big controversy over CZJ?  

Honored Contributor

To be fair, we need to see her line first.

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

Well, I'm not going to judge until I see her stuff.  I'll never understand why some people are so quick to dismiss or judge products designed and endorsed by celebrities, yet they have no problem spending their money at Walmart and making the Walton family wealthier.  What is the big controversy over CZJ?  

This statement is a bit contradictory wouldn't you say? If I choose to spend my money at Walmart to make the Walton family wealthier then its my choice. Just like its your choice to endorse celebrity products. Kind-of an oxymoron post. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

This statement is a bit contradictory wouldn't you say? If I choose to spend my money at Walmart to make the Walton family wealthier then its my choice. Just like its your choice to endorse celebrity products. Kind-of an oxymoron post. Woman Happy

There's nothing contradictory about my statement.  I never said I had a problem with people shopping at Walmart OR buying products from celebrities.  Had I said that you shouldn't buy from Walmart, and instead you should only buy from celebrities, THAT would be hypocritical.  

The issue is about the fact that so many people on these boards complain that celebrities who sell products on QVC are too rich already and should stay in their lane and just be an actor or talk show host.   

Respected Contributor

The "problem" with buying from a celebrity line, IMO, is that it feeds into the whole celebrity worship culture.  Plus, if Catherine Brown/Smith/Green wanted to have a line, she can't because she doesn't have the money to start one. But Catherine Zeta-Jones, who is already rich, can.  That bothers me.  My opinion only.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

The "problem" with buying from a celebrity line, IMO, is that it feeds into the whole celebrity worship culture.  Plus, if Catherine Brown/Smith/Green wanted to have a line, she can't because she doesn't have the money to start one. But Catherine Zeta-Jones, who is already rich, can.  That bothers me.  My opinion only.

Yes, it's true that she has the upper hand because she is a celebrity, but Catherine Brown is perfectly capable of taking out a loan and hustling to make her way to the top, just as plenty of successful people have done for hundreds of years.  CZJ is 48 years old and worked her way to the top as well.  She started singing and dancing on the stage in London when she was a child and worked her way up to becoming an Oscar and Tony winning actress.  She's worked hard for over 30 years to get where she is, so why doesn't she deserve to be successful with all her endeavors?

Respected Contributor

Celebrity home lines really don't do that well on QVC.