Honored Contributor

Can you recommend a bar or wand to help clean the tub and surrounding enclosure?

As with all else, I'm seeing the up and coming need for something on this line. Does anyone have or use something like this?

Honored Contributor

Re: Can you recommend a bar or wand to help clean the tub and surrounding enclosure?

@qualitygal  You might find this helpful.  We have an older shower and it gets the nooks and cranies in the surround like I was never able to using a toothbrush.  I use mine for everything including cleaning the microwave, tire rims, around the toilet - well many things.  I've used mine for over a year and still going strong.  The brushes are not wearing down and easy to keep clean also.

V33924
8 Pc Cordless Indoor/Outdoor Power Scrubber, Extension Tool & Accessories

Honored Contributor

Re: Can you recommend a bar or wand to help clean the tub and surrounding enclosure?

@Pook, thank you, I'll check into this.

Esteemed Contributor

I've recently had trouble reaching in and cleaning these areas. I began using the long handled brush that I purchased at an automovtive store for our cars. It doesn't scratch my cars, so I figured it would be okay in the shower and tub. There was a post somewhere here a couple of weeks ago with a picture.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

One of my favorite cleaning accessories is a paint brush or better yet, cheap artist brushes.  They have stiffer bristles and long handles and can into places where nothing else can get.

Honored Contributor

I agree with @pattypeep  if you want something manual, check out an auto parts store or the auto section of WM or wherever you like to shop.

I have the power scrubber mentioned by @Pook but because it does contain a rechargeable battery it is a bit heavy.   I sometimes have to use 2 hands to control but wow it gets the job done!    So it's not like you have to use it every day or for hours at a time.    And there are so many other uses for it besides a tub enclosure.

I purchased mine from the BBB store with my coupon.

@qualitygal wrote:

As with all else, I'm seeing the up and coming need for something on this line. Does anyone have or use something like this?

Honored Contributor

I just purchased the TurboScrubber on HSN $36 with attachments.

My friend is older & she wanted something for her shower enclosure for when cleaning lady not there.

Im thinking of getting one myself, my spouse is the one who scrubs down our bathroom but he's starting to have some shoulder problems ... 

Honored Contributor

Thank you all, you're so smart. I definitely can check out the car cleaning section of my favorite store. What a great idea!!!!