Respected Contributor

Re: Calling All Crafters - June 2016

@Qgirl26 @Krimpette

I got it the AG Minc (amazing price).  Thank you so much!

Honored Contributor

@Qgirl26  Before I answer your question....HSN is still doing the $4.95 shipping deal today!!!!  I hadn't realized that and just ordered a couple more things for a friend.

As to the toner paper, quite honestly, there were so many embellishments included in the kit I bought (as well as subsequent kits that were on A/D) that I believe I've only used the toner paper once or twice.  But if more toner shieets are needed, you can get them on Amazon:  "American Crafts 6 Piece Heidi Swapp Minc Toner Sheets" - under $6.00 for a variety of sizes of toner sheets.  Heidi Swapp materials (foils, etc., work with the Minc).  I'm guessing the Minc is a Heidi Swapp product that was adapted in conjunction with AG for her offering.  (My guess.)

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone, so glad you made it over here for crafting day! I actually missed a lot of it :-(  but I did order a few things. I went to bed but when I woke up during the night I would put HSN tv on the phone and I actually ordered a couple of items that way & I ordered another while we were visiting my mom at her"not-quite-rehab" place. Then I finally got my thoughts together and ordered at the end of the day but those floral dies literally sold out as I was placing my order. Since they weren't part of an a/d set,I'm sure they will be back. I will be very sad if not. Here are the items I ordered:

491-194 Paper Wishes Clearly Creative Kit

491-190 HOTP Stamp Camp 5 w/DVD

490-357 docrafts Xcut Filigree Alphabet Cutting Dies

470-015 Anna Griffin Glitter Sticker Die-Cuts

489-138 Anna Griffin Favorite Flowers Embellishment Stickers (extended delivery)

There were several other Anna products I wanted like the Rose Papercrafting Kit & All About Kindness Card Kit but they seemed a bit lacking in embellishments for the price.  I wanted all the "summer" items (paper, dies, wonderful embossing folders etc) & the rosettes but I put them off to buy the Paper Wishes, HOTP, & docrafts items plus my Joann store was having a crazy clearance sale & I bought quite a bit because things were at least 75% off. It was only this one store so not sure what is hsppening. They are hiring overnight workers for a 5 week period & there was a guy with a measuring tape. I will post pics of my JoAnn buys in the July thread I will start.

Just discovered by the way that I ordered 2 of the Paper Wishes Kits, oops. 

Also, I have the Minc & since I got the a/d embellishments I have not had to worry about the toner paper. I have bought more foil & want to get more glitter. In terms of getting toner paper, I'm told you can take a black piece of paper to Kinko's & make copies pretty cheaply (bring your own paper because you don't want to foil copy paper)  Also the embellishment kits came with various versionsof toner. And dont forget YouTube! There are some good examples of doing the toner thingcheaply.

I am excited about the Paper Wishes kit, it should be fun to use on cards, for shakers, tags, scrapbooking & even my daily planner. The filigree alphabet was a nighttime purchase & I just couldnt resist it, so pretty!  Same uses as above I should think. I got the Stamp Camp because I want to learn more techniques & it looked useful. The Anna items are for cards mostly. As always, pretty, pretty, pretty!!!  And I still want to get Beautiful Trimmings dies,  they are gorgeous!!!! But I blew the budget at Joann :-)

I am hoping to get back to living at my house & crafting again. I think I am buying to compensate for the lack of doing & that is going to stop. I am dying to do the Tim Holtz classes I bought. I love his tjings too but have always been afraid to try them because they seemed like they might be difficult. Having wwatched videos & being able to take these classes gives me confidence to try his products & techniques.  Has anyone here worked witj any Tim Holtz products?

Glad everyone had fun yesterday. Should we take this conversation to a July thread or keep it here where it started?  Love you gals, thank you for the good wishes @Qgirl26  It means a lot since I am basically alone with all this caregiving. Thank goodness for crafting & cats & "social media"! ♡♡♡

Honored Contributor

@mewsmomtoo Good Morning!  Hope you're able to get some sense of normalcy and calm in your life soon.  Glad you were able to partake of some of the offerings.  I sure do love their shipping deal.  And it's so sophisticated the way their computer prorates the shipping charges among any orders you place during the day.  No need to risk putting things in your cart and ordering all at once, hoping the items will still be available.

Enjoy all your goodies everyone!

I have no preference as to a new thread for July or keeping this one open.  My biggest problem is to remember to check under Home!  So in that regard, maybe I'd have a better chance with a now thread that doesn't quickly get buried. 

Respected Contributor

@mewsmomtoo I'm glad that you were able to check in and tell us what you bought.  I understand retail therapy.  When I was dealing with an illness, I was guilty of buying things that I didn't need.  There is something about shopping and buying that makes you feel like at least something good is happening in your life.  If you overbuy (within reason of course), you can always sell the extra on eBay or just donate to an organization that will get good use out of it.

I think we can keep the June thread for now since most everyone has found it.  We can start a new thread whenever the next craft day is.

Valued Contributor

I am so glad you got one @islandgrrl! Please let us know how you like it once you get it home and get to try it out. I will probably end up green with envy. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@mewsmomtoo, it sounds like you got some nice things! I got the Favorite flowers 2 on extended delivery as well. I have an online friend who just got hers and I asked her if they were nice because of the 4 reviews, one said they were too muted and another mentioned how they were bent up. She said they are more muted but very pretty and that hers did arrive crushed in a bag, but she took them out and they aren't too bad. I wish AG would improve on that packaging so they didn't arrive that way.

The rose dies I got are shown as still available though. I'm not sure why they told you they were sold out. Are we talking about the same things here? The Anna Griffin Cuttlebug Floral Dies & Mat?

I love all that you ordered. They had too much that I wanted this time lol!

Well now I'm starting to really regret passing up that Minc! I just let that toner paper worry me too much, I guess.

You know I can feel for you with the caregiving because I was all alone in caring for my husband with his cancer. His family does not live around here so it was all on me and so very hard. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you must feel very alone and like the weight of the world is on your shoulders. Just take things as they come, one at a time. We are here if you need us and I think you have my email address too so feel free to give me a shout out for emotional support or for anything at any time, whether here or in email! My heart goes out to you for having to go through such a difficult time without help.

It does not matter to me if we move this to a July thread or keep it here. Either way works. I'm flexible.

Respected Contributor

@Qgirl26

Hey there ~ I just realized that I neglected to answer your question about my new sticker maker.  Yes, I got the Xyron.  The 2.5 inch version.  Oh my gosh, it is really fun and so useful for many things.  I'm still sorting out the best adhesive to use for different projects -- glue stick, adhesive tabs, glue pen etc -- but now the sticker maker creates another option that always lays nice and smooth.

By the way, my Minc shipped yesterday.  Can't wait to give it a whirl!

And thank you so much for being a welcoming voice here in the craft discussions.  I am new to card making but very enthusiastic! 

Valued Contributor

@islandgrrl, I love my Xyrons. I have several in the X which is great for those small things, I have the 2.5, the 5 inch, the 9 inch and a 12 inch so that tells you how much I love those machines! I use other adhesives too but Xyrons are my absolute favorite. Glue dots are a nice thing to have on hand, especially if you want to make something pop a little bit. I use them a lot on the back of bows. I have used different two sided tapes and I have a Scotch brand Advanced Tape Glider that I got off of Amazon a few years back. I really like that too but Xyron is my most favorite of all.

We are so glad to have you here. I saw you on the HSN boards too. I don't post a lot on either board, although I used to post a ton here (they delete posts here every time they change these boards so over the years, I've lost more and more. I'm starting to feel like a newbie lol). I am RatherBeScrappin over there on the other board so if I ever comment to you there, you know it's me. If you ever need help with anything, let us know. We crafters love helping each other out so don't be shy about it!

I'm happy for you over that Minc and truly starting to wish I'd gotten one. I can't wait to hear how you like it!

Respected Contributor

@Qgirl26

You are so sweet and welcoming.  Thank you again for that.  I typically post in the fashion and beauty forums.  But now that my summer clothes shopping is done, I have fewer reasons to go there.  And some times there are more arguments than camaraderie which causes me to flee! Cat Tongue

I haven't posted on HSN for years (literally) but my recent Minc purchase got me back there.  It is a little intimidating because most posters are such experienced crafters but I'm going to try to keep up. I've always loved sending hand written cards.  So the move to making my own is fun. I watched several YouTube videos this weekend featuring the Minc. So excited for mine!

I'd love to hear how you and the other crafters keep their things organized.  I'm new to this and I already feel overrun with small bits and pieces.  I'm in the process of dedicated a spare bedroom to my crafts and photography to get them out of my home office.  Tricks and tips are welcome! Heart