Valued Contributor

Calling All Crafters - June 2016

Hey everyone, just wanted to start the June thread. I did my "Monday post" over on th he May thresd because it was a reply to a post. By the way, today was D-day & I was sad to see that is was barely acknowledged, even on the History channel :-(    

Honored Contributor

Re: Calling All Crafters - June 2016

@mewsmomtoo Good Morning!  Are you aware of any crafting shows on HSN during June?  I believe I saw where AG's next shows are 7/6.  

Frequent Contributor

I keep checking HSN for new items. There were a few. Most is related to cricut so was wondering if that was going to be the big push for the July show. 

Respected Contributor

@mewsmomtoo  I read your response on the May thread.  I'm sorry that your mother has to stay in rehab so long.  I remember a time when I was caring for my grandmother during her last days and simultaneously helping my mother who had surgery and was in rehab 80 miles away.  Thank goodness I didn't have any animal friends dependent on me.  You are doing a wonderful job juggling the needs of all around you.  I hope your obligations will lighten up a little once your mother returns home.

Valued Contributor

Hi @Krimpette  I am not aware of any shows this month but I havent checked the schedule yet. Often, about a 7-10 days before a big craft day, they will have a couple of random 1hour shows. How are you liking the AG coloring books & cards?  They are so beautiful. 

Hi @Lu12jm Last July, i believe the TS was a Cricut, but since then they have pushed other cutting machines. In AG's previews she has shown only 1 Cricut cartridge & it was offered during her last visit. I'm pretty sure the TS wont be a Cricut based on the number of times Anna has said she will be appearing that day, so while they will no doubt be presenting the Explore Air & AG's catridges, I dont think it will be the major push of the day.

Hi @Marsha2003 80 miles one way is twice the distance I travel!  Those miles add up quickly on the odometer dont they. I have a lot of questions for this rehab center. The doctor was supposed to call me on Saturday,but,  of course, he didnt.  I will try to get hold of him on Wednesday. Today I had to euthanize my cat & without going into details, it was not peaceful & I am sick about the whole thing. Here I am, playing God, deciding when he is going to die & I cant even give him a pain-free death. It's horrifying & sickening. I'm beginning to think that vets that have mobile practices, have them because they are not good enough to hold onto a job in an office practice. The true horror of all this is that I still have 5 cats plus I know I am going to end up with my parents four just like I ended up with my sister's two.  I need to interview some vets about this process while I can think straight. I trust mine to treat them but maybe I should use a vet whose specialty is home euthanasia next time. The vet who euthanized my kitty today just left the office practice to start a mobile one. I think I will continue with the office for treatment. What a nightmare this was...

I'll be bavk tomorrow to talk about more fun things.

Honored Contributor

@mewsmomtoo That is truly an incredible coloring set.  I have two cards pretty much completed, thouhgh I'm toying with adding a couple of embellishments from my stash.  I haven't done any pages from the book yet.  AG certainly outdid herself with this coloring book/card set.  Exquisite, to say the least!

{{{Hugs}}} to you with all you're going through.

Valued Contributor

Hi @Krimpette. I'm so glad you are enjoying that set. I'm hoping it remains available for a while because I would like to get it.If you can, I'd love to see a picture. We've had some hiccups in my mom's care so I havent been able to get back here or do any crafting. I have some legal & financial matters to take care of plus I need to write to my mom's sister in Germany because she has no ideawwhat's going on & I'm sure she is wondering why she didnt get a birthday card from my mom.

I'm trying to not move all my crafting stuff over to my parents place because it would be messy plus my dad goes through everything & misplaces things & I dont want to lose dies or embossing folders whichcan disappear so easily. Today I grabbed the Christmas tag set & some embellishments so I can work on those (small & self-contained). I also grabbed a bunch of photos to work on scrapping a little, but I dont even know what they are, could be kittens, could be trip to Germany, I'll just be surprised when I take them out of the bag :-)

Does everyone get Anna's blog? I think she has put out three previews so far. There will be some repeat offerings & Version 2's of some popular things. I would love to get the All zabout Kindness kit & Favorite Flowers 2. I also want the Beautiful Trimmings dies & folders but those will have to wait. The Rose Pocket Album is gorgeous but I'd rather have the Papercrafting Kit of that pattern.  I cant decide how I feel about the Charlotte collection or kit. I guess I like some things about it & not dislike other things really, just more like I havent fallen head over heels like I do for so many of her tjings. I cant really remember any more of the new things she is offering. 

Sorry if my previous post was TMI. I was so upset about what happened that I had to vent somewhere. I can only hope my kitty & I meet again & he forgives me. If I find a decent picture of him on my phone, I will post it below. His name was Momo.

Honored Contributor

@mewsmomtoo  I haven't gotten in to taking/posting pictues (being somewhat technically behind the times!), so sorry about that.  

Much as I used to enjoy the heavily embellished scrapbooking pages I used to love to do, I find I spend so much of my time making cards, that I can't seem to get back to that (yet).  (My sister had 9 kids and they all have kids of their own, pretty much.  I geographically away from all of them, so I try to make sure that every one of them gets a birthday card from me every year, even though they probably don't remember who I am, in some cases).  As a result, I'm considering that new rose album she was showing in the latest blog.  At least I might at least get back to getting some photos into an album!

Stay strong!  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you @Krimpette  I hope & think my parents are moving in a positive direction. I think I have found a very nice place that has short term respite stays as well as a memory care unit. I think it is affordable for them and if the staff is as good as the facility is nice then it will be great. There's a lotto do before I can get my dad pplaced there so wish me luck!  My mom can go directly there from the rehab facility she is in now.

I'm with you when it comes to technology, I'm just not very good with it but I know enough to get by. I dropped my cable tv because it was too expensive so now I have Netflix. I miss watching the cable news & live sports & some shows but I'd rather have the internet & my landline phone than cable TV. I know, how old am I that I want a landline phone? :-D

You certainly have a lot of cards to make every year! I dont have nearly that many to make but I really enjoy them so I've decided to just make them & sell them in groups on ebay or give away if I find a place that can use them. I have one Project Life binder & I have to say it is definitely easier to scrap using pockets & preprinted cards & the pages look great so it's worth looking at that Rose album, it is soooo beautiful.  I want her Rose Papercrafting kit but it was a little expensive. I may get that Rose album to do a sort of "heritage" scrapbook. I hope I get to watch on July 6 (my parent's TV or my phone).

I have given up on doing any real crafting until my dad is settled in a memory care place. I did makemy dad a card so I'll post a picture of it & last yyear's card & I bought a few things from Tuesday Morning & I'll post those pics tonight or tomorrow depending on how much time this all takes :-)

I chose the themes because my dad is Handyman Supreme (he built & fixed everything in our homes) & he was an international pilot for 45 years flying evetything from DC-3's to 747's (his absolute favorite plane).

Valued Contributor

2016-06-20 21.57.29.png2016-06-20 21.56.45.png