Honored Contributor

I really like designer Suzanne Tucker of "Tucker and Marks".  She's great at formal, traditional interiors, but here she sort of surprises us, in a more laid-back, "beach mode".

Have to admit, I'm not that crazy about the boxy exterior.  But a lot of beach property looks like this outside-- places in Malibu, etc.   I do like the fire pit!

california-coastal18.jpg

This living room is so mellow.

california-coastal4.jpg

The room actually extends, to the left in another shot, to include a dining area, but when I try to post the picture of living-dining area, the computer tells me the format is too large to fit here, rats!  If I can figure out how to do it, will tack on later.

This tribal pottery is stunning!   I'm so susceptible to ceramics of every type, but this just wows me in this setting.

california-coastal3.jpg

Details, details.  Love the lamp base, and the way the table looks like it is hewn out of shale, or slate or something!

california-coastal6-723x1024.jpg

That view....california-coastal8.jpg

california-coastal10.jpg

Soothing bedroom.

california-coastal14.jpg

But I'll take this ocean-facing one, thank you very much!

california-coastal11.jpg

california-coastal13.jpg

california-coastal12.jpg

california-coastal17.jpg

The repeated arches, leading the eye through a hallway toward that blue water,  love that.

california-coastal1.jpg

I almost get a "midcentury beachhouse" feeling from this, like a getaway that a rebel actor like sea-loving Sterling Hayden or Robert Ryan might have had!   The materials used are so rich and organic, love the rugs, the art, the creamy walls, the beams, and the outside coming in. 

Honored Contributor

And I like the way the outside looks way more than the inside!

What is that thing on the ceiling in the bedroom???

Honored Contributor

I do like the outside and the inside. I like the peaceful colors used and the flow of this beautiful home.

I am not sure about the tribal pieces used in a Coastal Home. They seem a bit out of place to me but I am sure they personally appeal to the designer.

Super Contributor

@Oznell @In my dreams. I love everything about this home. 

Honored Contributor

Pottery Barn. 

Honored Contributor

Re: COASTAL HOUSE

[ Edited ]

I'm getting more of a Southwestern feel inside and a very modern non-descript exterior.   

It's nicely decorated for those who like this style.  

Respected Contributor

Love the whole thing...jeeze homes of multi millionaires...if only

Respected Contributor

I really like this house!

Honored Contributor

I like much of the decor , the display of them.  I love the living room, so warm and comfortable looking.  The arch ways are appealing and the bedrooms lovely!  All in all I like the interior of this home and the views spectacular.

I lean toward privacy and do not care for these homes with all the top to bottom windows.  It is too open for me.  

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 

@kaydee50 wrote:

And I like the way the outside looks way more than the inside!

What is that thing on the ceiling in the bedroom???

Not sure which bedroom your referring to, but either way ... umm it's a light fixture?  You don't like it?