Esteemed Contributor

Re: Buying furniture on line

I just ordered a sofa from Ashley. Read reviews and dimensions. A few posters uploaded their photos. I called the closest store to me. Upcharge for delivery but still under $200 for inside delivery and setup.

It's a RH knockoff. I was drooling over the RH sofa but for $8-$11k, it was all MIC. Ashley I was surprised it was made in WI, upholstery foam from TX but fabric MIC which I expected.

Even if I traveled the 2+ hrs to a traditional furniture store, most don't deliver this far out. 

Valued Contributor

Purchased a convertable loveseat a few months ago on Wayfair. It shipped from CA to PA in a week!!!! Arrived exactly as described, no damage. Love it!

I'm anticipating purchasing a few dining room & living room pieces in the Fall. I'm doing research now online
& not decided yet whether in person or online for those purchases yet! Could be both! I
Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy   What is RH and MIC?

Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   I'm guessing Restoration Hardware and Made In China

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Snowpuppy   What is RH and MIC?

@Mom2Dogs   Just in case Snowpuppy doesn't see this, I think she means Restoration Hardware and made in China.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, the Restoration Hardware pricey Cloud sofa I drooled over is 100% Made in China.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack   Thanks!!

Esteemed Contributor

I had horrible experience with nightstands. First came broken from Ashley. Returned it. Ordered the same one but ordered it from Amazon. Came broken. Found one I like on o restock both came broken. They probably would of been fine if they hadn't come completly assembled. They were all broken in the same spots. The legs.

Eventually I went to value city and got two from there. They came in perfect condition with a little bit of assembly. They go perfect with my bedroom.

Ordered a pink faux fur bench from Inspired home. It has a metal base that needed put on. It came in perfect  condition with no issues.

I would never order another wood table from Overstock or online again. My tv stand from bed bath and beyond came cracked too. They did send me a replacement and it's fine.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I just ordered a sofa from Ashley. Read reviews and dimensions. A few posters uploaded their photos. I called the closest store to me. Upcharge for delivery but still under $200 for inside delivery and setup.

It's a RH knockoff. I was drooling over the RH sofa but for $8-$11k, it was all MIC. Ashley I was surprised it was made in WI, upholstery foam from TX but fabric MIC which I expected.

Even if I traveled the 2+ hrs to a traditional furniture store, most don't deliver this far out. 

I would never order from Ashley again. Not even in the local store. Not because the issues I had but my parents ordered end tables. One came in in a timely manner. With covid they said the other would be delayed. I can understand that. We were sitting here 8 months later with no end table. My dad went back into the store and they gave him the floor model and a fifty dollar refund. They never could explain why we didn't get it. They go when the new one comes in bring back that one and you can exchange it. Here we are middle of June and never got a call. Been almost a year lol. Their customer service is awful. Try ordering from their website and needing to return like the nightstand I got. It took weeks to get anyone to answer the phone.

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday I don't purchase imported/put it together yourself furniture no matter who the seller is. My local Amish builder can come close to Wayfair prices. 

Why keep ordering the same put together furniture if you are continally disappointed? 

This is my first experience with Ashley. I'm not expecting top notch anything. Salesman gave me a better price than online and I only put 1/2 down. I don't see it in 8-11 weeks on the receipt, I'll call the cc company.