Honored Contributor

Buffalo check lover here.  I'd go one step further and replace the striped pillows with the same buffalo check.  Eventually I'd get sick of it after a couple years and come up with something new.  But for now, I have a lot of buffalo check in my wardrobe and this room suits me just fine..

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Looks like either a photo shoot for a company or store OR someone desperately trying to be "on trend" & bought everything they thought was trendy & threw it in the room. Maybe 1 of those 30 things might be ok, but not altogether! Definitely needs a (much) less is more approach!!
Valued Contributor
And why are people getting sucked into thinking buffalo check is anything but plain old been around for centuries plaid? Assuming that's more "trendy" sounding now? Smh....
Honored Contributor

Re: Buffalo Check Nook

[ Edited ]

Not sold on the paneling on the wall, the oversized check on the ottoman and poofy curtains and I detest the signage 'art', but overall, it's a cute vignette. Somehow it all works together.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I like the look of Buffalo Check, but there are too many random pieces in that space IMO  - Feels too "cluttered" for my OCD tastes.

Respected Contributor

@HonestLife 

I like it on the stool & pillow - not on the drapes though.  The rest of the room is pretty nice & cozy.  I'd need to replace a few of the accessories.

Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Buffalo Check Nook

[ Edited ]

The room looks nice, but I'm not a fan of Buffalo check so this isn't for me. I would need to remove those items, as well as the "word art".  I would add some colorful pillows and accessories. 

Honored Contributor

I'm too messy for light colored rugs and furniture.

Honored Contributor

NO.

Esteemed Contributor

Lovely. The wood wall would look nice as it as without all the greenery.

The round table is pretty. I love the chunky blanket!

You don't need the candle stuff on top of the ottoman.

I would change out the curtains. Not crazy about them.