Esteemed Contributor

Re: Breakfast Booth + Glass Enclosure

I think it’s lovely 

Honored Contributor

I would definitely put cushions down, and maybe a different light fixture, it seems a little sterile to me for some reason. Maybe needs a bit of warmth. I also think different window treatments for me as well, I can see the shade strings.....So between some different window treatments, a new light fixture and some cushions and a beautiful flower bouquet, it might just be a great eating spot for me!

Honored Contributor

I like the looks of it, but it is not practical.  It would be way to hot to sit in that fish bowl when the sun is shining.

Respected Contributor

it's pretty, but not very comfy looking.

Honored Contributor

The look is good to me, window light, use of black brings good definition, like the contrast between the wooden shelves, table, and the other metal industrial look.

Think it would be enjoyable to sit there and view the outside.  And there is the problem, access seems very tight, and think once one squiggled in, it would be very snug.

Love the look.  To make it usable for me, I’d try taking out one bench, attach a similar, but wider table under the window on the left, and add a similar but wider bench back on the right. Keep the stool.

This would retain the look, Provide more tabletop room, improve access, make bench more comfortable.  But, yes gives less seating, and the spacing would have to be tinkered with.  

Still, like it enough to try and make it work.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pretty setting and view of the outdoors. However, I'm not a fan of booth seating and cleaning those windows would be tedious. How about a simple small, colorful (perhaps yellow or red, etc.) round table and two or three chairs? Easier to seat people, easier to clean the space and much easier to clean those windows.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Love it.  Love this new-ish trend in black window and door trim.

Honored Contributor

I would also do cushions for comfort.  It's such a beautiful space, I'd also add the sheer window shades that just cut off intensity but you can see out of the window.  That area would also , most likely, be used for lunch.

Esteemed Contributor

Really neat and rustic........like it!

Honored Contributor

I love the booth and the glass.  Cozy.  However, I love the wood but it is going to be hard to sit on so a long cushion should be made for both sitting areas.

kindness is strength