Respected Contributor

Would of done black for the cabinets and definitely stopped there.

And, done both the window wall and the ceiling  a crisp white.

Also, would of gone with different stools.

And, kept the the countertops cleared off as much as possible.

If one has open shelving, it should be nicely arranged/organized

since it is all visible for all to see. I am not seeing that here. 
I would have fun pulling everything down and starting over.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

The kitchen in my previous house, which I absolutely loved, was all, totally knotty pine except mottled cream tile floors, Wilsonart counters, a large curved fireplace, and a large picture window.

The space was VERY DIFFICULT to get bright enough, and we sold it about 5 years ago to move to our present 50s ranch.

I STILL miss that kitchen, but our present house is a much better for us in general.

(DON'T TELL. MY HUSBAND) but I DO want a fireplace in my kitchen some day soon........

Super Contributor

It's visually interesting but...my first thought when I looked at it was, walking into this kitchen in the morning wouldn't wake me up and want to start the day.  I'd probably have a cup of coffee and go back to bed!

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

At first glance this room appears to have underlit shelves, the only thing that saves this room for me.  You can't leave them on all the time, can you?

Honored Contributor

Re: Black & Brick Kitchen

[ Edited ]

@wilma 

I agree about the open shelving---not a fan.....

With everything so dark, the overall room is a bit depressing and dreary.........If the ceiling was painted white it might have changed the mood......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”