Esteemed Contributor

Re: Better Homes & Gardens Holiday Heritage dinnerware

@Mominohio 

Well, wecome to the crazy club Cat LOL

I understand more than I would like to know.

Early on, I bought a complete set and had them for years in my china cabinet.  Decided I'd never use them, so they got boxed up and donated.

Fast forward an unknown number of years.  I saw them and bought them AGAIN!  And, like you, I had to have extra dishes.  It is just insanity.

I'm confessing so you don't feel alone Cat Happy  Maybe something in our childhoods?

I've never seen the big platters again, and I am really sorry I gave those away.

However, in view of ALL that, I remind myself daily that I no longer entertain and it is just me and my husband.  All those dishes just gather dust, but I do enjoy looking at them.

Maybe we will be lucky this year and they won't show up!

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio 

I am blessed to have inherited a large set of Friendly Village.  It belonged to my parents. I have added to it over the years too.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Regular Contributor

Well, it's that time of year again...good to "see" you all again my fellow fanatics :-). I have been checking the site daily for awhile as well and like the rest of you, am only seeing last year's sold out items.  It will make my day if there are new salad plate designs this year and they are not stuck in a transport snafu somewhere.  Don't need them...they just make me happy.

Last year was the first year I was able to order them online.  I got two sets of the four different salad plates on October 28 so if they are going to offer online ordering again this year, they are late.

What I have been seeing on EBay and other auction sites are these BHG items.  Does anyone know if these are from prior years or are new designs? I am not interested in them...just hoping they are not replacing the series we love.

7978B6E5-D535-409A-8B22-A06AFD197915.jpegAA7FD135-A510-4EB8-ABDB-A92F74CC7C64.jpeg

Regular Contributor

I have been keeping an eye on the website (while my sweet daughter in law checks the store for me regularly).  This morning this turned up online.  Somebody stop me...I LOVE this set!  I photograph birds and there is a Bluebird on the salad plates...HELP!

F7C9406C-05F5-40BC-BD92-D74720CFE403.jpeg
B1AD450C-F0DA-4709-8A7C-BCED79495098.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@IShopQ 

I was in Walmart yesterday scanning for the arrival of this dinnerware....nothing yet.  They appeared to have most of the Christmas decorations out, but I didn't see any dishes.   

Nothing holiday online but a few sets of Gibson brand holiday dinnerware.

They normally would have harvest dishes too, but nothing this year.  And, one year, Walmart had a fabulous array of Harvest critter cookie jars (I still have a Hedgeholg and Raccoon).  Again, nothing this year but Halloween stuff, and that was sparse.

I cannot help you with those dishes as I would have already bought them if I had seen them.  Are they in Walmart or elsewhere?

Let me add...I do NOT need any dishes, so I am struggling to just look this year.Cat LOL

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

i

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@IShopQ 

I was in Walmart yesterday scanning for the arrival of this dinnerware....nothing yet.  They appeared to have most of the Christmas decorations out, but I didn't see any dishes.   

Nothing holiday online but a few sets of Gibson brand holiday dinnerware.

I guess my post wasn't very clear.  The set I posted yesterday just showed up on the Walmart site yesterday.  It is their own Better Homes and Gardens brand and called Winter Botanical.  Right now it is sold as a set of four place settings for about $42

I'm hoping they will continue the BH&G Winter Forest/Heritage line for another year.  I don't need more dishes either but if new salad plate designs are offered, I will buy a couple of each just because life is short, the plates are cheap and I enjoy the collecting. :-)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IShopQ 

Thanks....found them.  

Really torn about getting them....maybe I'll wait a day or two and they will sell out.

Walmart's search features are awful sometimes.  The really cute things I've stumbled across never turned up in a logical search.  This morning, I entered Better Homes & Gardens dinnerware, and this set was nowhere to be found.

Maybe that is a good thing Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@IShopQ 

In looking at your post again about past BHG dishes, I have NEVER seen the pattern you posted and I've been stalking them for years.

Nor, the other accessories.  Maybe they only have them in select stores.  They seemed to have cut way back on such things and I'm sorry to see it.  

One year, I found a lovely fleece throw in the BHG holiday pattern and it was so lovely!  I'm still hoarding a couple as I bought them to use in gift baskets for the animal rescues I support.

I cannot bring myself to part with them just yet.

Respected Contributor

Are these the ones from last year/2020?

74FDE119-4B4B-49BB-AB23-C4A8DACF1EBD.png

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003 

I have never seen these patterns, but they might be 2020 since I was not really into dishes last December.  

The last dishes I have had a train and a horse I think...4 separate designs.  I think the tree and bunny have been used a few times.

That bear is wonderful.  

You would think as popular as these dishes are, Walmart would stock them in quantity.  I've only rarely seen them in the stores in my area.