Esteemed Contributor

Better Homes & Gardens Holiday Heritage dinnerware

Has anyone spotted this year's offerings yet?

I've been in Walmart several times and, while Christmas items are coming out, no dinnerware to be found.  In fact, most of their dishes/dinnerware now is Pioneer Woman items.

I know it is always the subject of interest once it is on display, but I'm wondering if they will even have it this year.

I still have a set from the past and it really is lovely.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Better Homes & Gardens Holiday Heritage dinnerware

@Witchy Woman wrote:

Has anyone spotted this year's offerings yet?

I've been in Walmart several times and, while Christmas items are coming out, no dinnerware to be found.  In fact, most of their dishes/dinnerware now is Pioneer Woman items.

I know it is always the subject of interest once it is on display, but I'm wondering if they will even have it this year.

I still have a set from the past and it really is lovely.

@Witchy Woman Probably on a cargo ship waiting to be unloaded !    I have a couple different sets from Walmart  from the past .   Have too many  Christmas dish sets already though.

Esteemed Contributor

wonder if all the holiday merchandise will appear on clearance racks when  it arrives after the holidays.....such a mess....

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman   I haven't been in a Walmart store since I moved here four plus years ago but I started checking the website about a month ago and they are not shown yet.

I really like them and would order a fewpieces IF they ever show up and can be shipped . . . not that I really need any but I like somee of the woodlaand snowy scenes.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

Our WM has a nice selection of "outside or inside" decor but where the home items would be are large displays of Pioneer Woman merchandise.

Maybe, as others noted the home decor will be late in arriving.

Yet, candy and Halloween is front & center with full shelves. 

Honored Contributor

I don't need or want any holiday dinnerware, but the BHG set is showing on the Walmart website as out of stock, so yes, probably stuck somewhere. They are showing some other choices including this Gibson Toile. Charming though I don't see the toile aspect. Several other Gibson choices, among others, are also featured.

Gibson Christmas Toile 16 Piece Ceramic Dinnerware Set

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb 

LOVE these!

Wish I hadn't seen them, but they are so pretty.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

I love that set of dishes.  Reminds me of the Friendly Village set.

06CDDD16-48CB-4457-B0EB-E0D9F2E3DF9D.jpeg

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I was sincerely hoping no one would bring up this topic this year. 

I'm weak and have no power since I started this collection. I have just the basic needs in all the serving pieces, and in the large dinner plates, bowls etc. 

But those dang salad/dessert plates, oh my. I have two big stacks. I never seem to be able to buy just one of any of them. I feel some insane need to have four of each to set a table. And why? They easily coordinate and mix and matach, so you could set any size of table by alternating various pattern or similar ones, like do all forest animals or do all santa themed ones etc. 

I've even gone so far as to buy two each of ones I don't even like because of FOMO (fear of missing out). 

I know in our local stores, they never get them out early like all the regular holiday stuff, the often aren't out before the first part of December. And with all the supply issues, who knows if or when we might see them this year. 

For me, personally, here's hoping I totally hate every offering this year and have developed the spine to walk away from them even if I do see them. 

I don't hold out much hope for that though. I'm weak.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@stevieb 

I love that set of dishes.  Reminds me of the Friendly Village set.

06CDDD16-48CB-4457-B0EB-E0D9F2E3DF9D.jpeg

@4kitties 

Friendly Village has always been such a favorite of mine. In my mind it is such a timeless pattern and I love it!