Occasional Contributor

Bethlehem Lights Matrixflame

Bethlehem Lights will be bringing out a new flameless candle technology. It looks really interesting. I contacted the company and was told there will be a limited release of Matrixflame candles in November (maybe on the Q?) with a full release in 2016.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bethlehem Lights Matrixflame

Anxious to see another flame effect flameless candle hit the market. Competition should bring prices down.

The thing is, BL and Luminara are somehow linked, and so this, while being marketed under a new brand name, is in effect the from the same company group as Luminara. Seems to be a different process to get the flame effect. And wondering where the price point will fall between expensive Luminara and the more affordable Candle Impression Mirage line. 

Can't wait to see them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm a bit leary of Bethlehem Lights they used to make good quality products when Geoff was the vendor....I few years ago I purchased some battery operated items (garland and wreath) for my outdoor Christmas decorating and they are GREAT---STILL WORK!!!.  However, when I came back to order another garland for my patio, the quality had decreased they looked cheap, and I sent them back.  Some of the reviews haven't been too hot lately on their products either......  I hope the partnership between BL & Luminara doesn't ruin the Luminara items.   And it makes we wonder if QVC will continue to carry BOTH Luminara and this Bethelhem Light Matrix line, or dump Luminara and just go with the BL version......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I too have Bethlehem Lights garlands from over 10 years ago that still work great.  They are the plug in kind with the incandescent lights.  I'm glad I bought them when I did. Sorry I didn't buy more things back then and stockpile them for the future.

I bought a tree from them a couple years ago, and half the lights stopped working before Christmas day.  I'm glad if it was going to fail, that it did so while I could still get a refund. 

The B.L. reviews are not too good, so I'm leary about buying anything else from them, for fear I'll get another dud.

I've also had bad luck with battery operated light up items from other vendors on QVC, so now I hesitate to buy anything that's illuminated.

I think it's just the quality of too many things manufactured overseas today.

Honored Contributor

I have a wreath, piks and strands of lights that have had no issues.  I've seen the threads about issues, but I haven't experienced any.  I'd try this new candle if it looked good and the price was reasonable.