Honored Contributor

Bell and Howell Pest Control-Do they Work??

[ Edited ]

Is anyone having success with the Bell and Howell plug in pest controllers??? The ones that are supposed to keep spiders etc away.

We have an apartment so wondering if they dont work as well in them???? Just this morning there was a spider sitting a couple inches away from the plug in LMBO!!

It has to be at least 2 dozen spiders we have had over the past several months.

We have those plug ins in every room! Not working well at all. Such a Bummer.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Re: Bell and Howell Plug Ins

[ Edited ]

@CherryHugs

When I moved into this home they had these "repellers" plugged in throughout house.  Living in FL we get lots of unwelcome bugs even though I have monthly exterminator.

I removed all of them - then I realized I had these little minut gnats in my cats litter area.  Decided to plug 2 in....nope, no success!  Now I have no gnats, etc. I use small dish w/cider vinegar & dawn mixture. So far gnats gone!

not sure what to do for spiders. I don't think they work!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Bell and Howell Pest Control-Do they Work??

I am going to say no, they don't....we tried them-gave them a fair shake: the literature says you have to give them time-and we did-months.

The one for rodents is loud and audible to humans.

We live in Florida: home of Critter Kingdom, and you are better off enlisting professionals.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

No, they don't work.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hmm sounds like they are not good at all. The man is a good sales man though to have convinced so many to buy them.

Is there anything that can be done Non Toxic for spiders/bugs? Sure dont want an exterminator spraying chemicals in the place  Smiley Sad

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

There is a product called Little Miss Muffet that can be used inside & outside for spiders. The website shows how to use & lists ingredients. A landscaper told me about it, I plan on buying some too.