Valued Contributor

Has anybody purchased a Bed in a Box and have any opinions, one way or another, good or bad?  My husband and I decided to finally get rid of our $500 Costco mattress (that was also a Bed in a Box).  After much exhausting research, I decided to buy the Leesa mattress as well as the corresponding foundation.  I've been sleeping on the bed since Sunday and I'm not sure I like it.  I haven't been able to get a really good night sleep on it yet.  It feels kind of mushy and just not as supportive as I'd like.  Luckily, I can return it within 100 days which is pretty standard for most of these types of mattressses since you can't try them out in a store.  Does anyone else have any opinions regarding the Leesa mattress or one of the other brands you can buy online?  I really don't want to go to a mattress store.  To me, mattress stores are as bad as car dealerships.  I can't stand the hard sell.

Super Contributor

I bought a Tuft n Needle about 2 years ago.  There is or was a showroom in my town back then so I could try it.   It was delivered the next day.  It also has a 100 day try out with no return required.  You just send them a receipt showing you donated it and they refund your money.  Its almost too firm for me but I no longer have back trouble.  Mattress Firm bought them out several months ago and now I see Tuft n Needle at WalMart.  Not sure I would buy again for concern regarding changes.  If I needed another bed, I would look into Casper and Leesa.  And, I have heard that some of the bed in box mattresses actually require you to return them if you dont like it.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased one from American Furniture Warehouse (it’s their own brand) 3 years ago and it’s the best bed I’ve ever had. No more backaches and headaches. I’m recovering from wrist surgery and have been sleeping a lot and I wake up with no pain. I don’t know if AFW is everywhere or just in the western US.

Valued Contributor

Leesa does not require you to return the mattress.  They arrange for the mattress to be donated and then they refund your money.  I hope it doesn't come to that, but I really need to get a good night's sleep.

Respected Contributor

We own three beds in a box. Never had a problem, the oldest one is 15 years old.....still supportive. 

Honored Contributor

Love my Helix bed in a box--got it 3 years ago and from the first night, I slept great. It was made fresh for me per my personal body requirements, got it in 2 weeks and it was made in NY city. Had 100 days to sleep on it and free returns/free shipping and all my $$ back if I didn't like it. Love it!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Bed in a Box

[ Edited ]

@sueeich  There are deals out here where if you don't like the mattress, it will be picked up free and taken back.  You need to look for those deals so you are not stuck shipping back.  It could have been Casper or Puffy, I honestly don't remember but when I did a search a topic came up naming the top 5 mattresses and I ended up reading it there.

kindness is strength