Honored Contributor

I’m not usually a person who likes rustic elements as a feature of design, but I like the architectural details of this space.

The wooden beams & the stone fireplace are quite striking! Looks like a there’s a nice view too. I really love the autumn colors, especially the shades of orange and red with the greenery.

I’m not loving the furnishings as much. The wood on the furniture is too rustic for me. I wouldn’t choose that color or print for the sofa, chairs, or pillows. I don’t like the coffee table either. 

IMG_2508.jpg

Honored Contributor

@wilma I agree. I love the stone fireplace and wooden beams but would get rid of the rest and redo it.

Esteemed Contributor

I want to love it, but I don't it's way too rustic for me. The view is amazing. I love big windows and light, so I'm with you on that. 

Honored Contributor

I really like this room as is.

It's calm, pretty, and inviting. I love the colors used for this pretty rustic home.

Esteemed Contributor

i imagine they rent a storage unit to store all that stuff!  i only have a small storage container to store seasonal items!  LOL......

Esteemed Contributor

Although not what I would decorate my home with, I do like this.  Something casual and so different.

Trusted Contributor

I love it. That would fit right in where I live. With the snow we had over the weekend I can almost smell the trees and the fire. All I'd need is something hot to drink.

Super Contributor
I would replace all the pillows with a southwestern/aztec print and get rid of all the flowery stuff~ But I mostly love it~~
Honored Contributor

While the furniture isn't my taste, it fits the design of the room and adds to the rustic look.  I love the decor, all the autumn colors, so pretty.  I do like the scene very much.

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma  I really like the asymmetry/symmetry of the fireplace decor, but I don't like the stonework. Still, I'll take it any day!