Respected Contributor

What art do you have in your home?

My husband and daughter are talented photographers so I have a lot of still ife and landscape photographs.  I also have art that I have collected from around the world on trips.  My favorite piece of art is a large poster print of Picasso's Guernica that I got from IKEA of all places.  It is propped on my fireplace mantel. 

Trusted Contributor

How lovely is that then!

Keep enjoying your art dear, life's short and beautifull!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

Your art sounds lovely, @ninjawife .  I have a lot of paintings that my father painted years ago (still lifes, a landscape, and portraits), and some paintings from his art instructors, too.  I purchased a Walfrido on my honeymoon of a daytime, sunny seascape, complete with palm trees and lush mountains.  I also have some art glass sculptures  (mostly of sea life) that I collected years ago from my favorite childhood place to visit -- New Hope, Pennsylvania. 

Honored Contributor

Very basic stuff - a lot of churches and cottages by Thomas Kinkade. His Christmas paintings are my favorites.

Esteemed Contributor

@ninjawife  I don't think anyone who had expensive art would advertise.

Honored Contributor

I have a lot of Southwest art I inherited from my mother and some I collected myself.  Original oils, numbered prints, pottery, sculpture, rugs.  My sister and I split it but I got the SW-themed stuff because she didn't want it.

My most cherished piece mom bought with her first paycheck from her first teaching job out of college.  It's a large oil of Shiprock which she bought from the artist for $30.  She said her parents were thoroughly disgusted with her.  It always hung in the place of honor in our living room.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

My hubby is also an amateur photographer so we have several framed pictures hanging that he has taken over the years.  We have only a couple of semi expensive art pieces and I have several of my kids drawings (they are both quite talented) that they did in college framed and hung.   It's just a hobby for them and they get the talent from their uncle (my brother) who is also a very talented artist.   I'm lucky I get to enjoy it everydaySmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

In my living room two watercolors that my grandfather painted - he was a noted local artist.  Another oil done by a friend.  In my hallway I have large framed photos of my grandmother and her sister when they were kids - taken about 1890, one of my mom as a child taken in the late 20s and another of my grandmother's sister taken in the early 1900s.  I have newer photo on my mantle - our wedding pic, pic of hubby and his sons at one of their high school grad parties, and our grandson's current school photo.  We have older photos of grandson in our bedrooms.

Trusted Contributor

I would love to see a photo of your Shiprock painting K. If you feel like sharing it??

Respected Contributor

Your pictures sound beautiful. I have some reproductions of Van Gogh and Monet.