Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone remember Thomas Pacconi products?

I always loved watching the Thomas Pacconi shows.  I bought many of the items that he presented.  They were so well made.  I still use the jewelry box that @wagirl has.  It has held up so well over the years.  

I miss vendors like Mr. Pacconi and others who presented items of quality workmanship and variety none of which are being seen today on QVC.  

I also still have many items from the Linda Dano collection.  I have two carved Mallard Ducks that she presented.  I remember her saying that if they sold well she would bring in more from that selection.  Apparently they didn't because the two that I have were the only ones she ever brought to the show.  I love them and would never part with them.

I guess I just have to accept that shows such as the ones mentioned above are a thing of the past.  I'm happy to still have those products and I take such good care of them because I know I'll never see that degree of quality from QVC, on-line stores, and even brick & mortar stores again.  

Respected Contributor

I have several of his items and still use them.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I remember him.  I think of him every day when I open my Thomas Picconi jewelry box. Beautifully made and holds a lot of pieces.

Valued Contributor

Yes! I always loved watching his shows! I still have many Christmas items from him. That's when I saw items that weren't replicated anywhere else. QVC was a unique buying experience then and I really miss that. 

Honored Contributor

I remember him well.....I have a beautiful wooden jewlery box and a glass Christmas ornament....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

OMG - yes, I do remember those wonderful pieces! See, this is what I miss sooooo much about QVC. They showed collectibles, they showed furniture, they showed vintage pieces like Thomas Piconi made, They had everything! Now it's PJs, hoodies, and cheaply made polyester clothing.

Trusted Contributor

I have a very nice large jewelry box from his line...it is cherry wood and has a lock with a key on a big burgundy tassel...it sits on my dresser. I bought one for one of my daughters also. I enjoyed seeing his presentations, but it has been many years ago now, his things seemed to be well made and good quality. One of many vendors who sold quality products.

Honored Contributor

OH!  I do!  I loved his presentations!  He had a wonderful personality from what I saw!

Sorry to tell this, but Thomas Pacconi passed away June 2023. Search and his obituary will come up. He had beautiful products.
Honored Contributor

Obituary of Thomas Joseph Pacconi

March 6, 1944June 20, 2023
~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~