Esteemed Contributor

Anyone own and recommend a Roomba?

Does it work well and what one would you recommend? TIA

Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone own and recommend a Roomba?

I got one as a gift years ago when they first were sold.  It was a just a picker upper.  It didn't have a lot of power.   I didn't like it.  It got stuck many times and I'd have to reroute it.  It finally broke after about a year.  They may be much better since they are selling them again.

Respected Contributor

Bought a Roomba for MIL.  I've seen it in action.  Thought it would be better, more power.  When I bought one, I went with Shark ION.  Works great.  Liked it so much that I now have 3.  One on each level of my home.

Trusted Contributor

We have one that we call Robbie.  It does a great job on hardwood floors and our carpet.  I use it more often than I would have used my regular vaccuum.  I would definitely replace it if it broke down. 

Respected Contributor

I have a Roborock E4. The new model is an E5. They are available from Amazon. If it died tomorrow, I would buy another one ASAP. Roborock has an active Facebook community, so if there are any questions or concerns, there are members there to help you immediately.

Super Contributor

@hopi We've owned 2. Would not purchase again.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I also vote for the Roborock from Amazon. We have a Roomba too, but this does a better job- very strong!

Honored Contributor

We really like ours.  It makes a quick round of the kitchen every night after supper.  Sometimes it chases me around the kitchen.  Woman Surprised  But I need the exercise.  

Once I was kicking it around to sweep up something I'd just spilled and hubby said "Quit abusing the roomba!"

The roomba is great if someone calls to drop by, then we can pick up a little and it will sweep the hallway while we're stashing books and magazines and shoes!  Woman Embarassed

Respected Contributor

I have one, bought it as a TSV on HSN over a year ago. It works well but I still have to watch it as it cleans because it sometimes gets stuck going over one area multiple times so I feel that I can just use my vacuum cleaner and be done with vacuuming much quicker. It's been plugged up and sitting for months now, I just use my vacuum cleaner and I'm done.  .

Respected Contributor

I have a Roomba and there is no way I could get under a bed or other heavy pieces of furniture to vacuum so I like the fact the Roomba can get under those furniture items and get the dust bunnies 🐰 yes I would recommend....