Honored Contributor

Anyone own a latex foam pillow?

[ Edited ]

I need a new pillow and I don't want another memory foam pillow. A latex foam pillow, not shredded but whole, is what I want but I don't know which brand to buy. I need one that is medium-firm and one that is contoured for cervical spine support....a contour type pillow. TIA

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone own a latex foam pillow?

I have two, I bought them from Sears but awhile ago. (Allergies). I now use a polyfill because the foam pillow became too "high" for my "mature" neck. I'd recommend s soft or medium. Firm is really firm. But so is memory foam so that might suit you. Check them out in the store. I also recommend a pillow cover as well as pillow case(s). They pick up stuff as they are a different texture than a fiber pillow.

They are luxurious! A different feel from fiber and foam.

Bed, Bath and Beyond and/or Crate and Barrel may have them.

Candy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I bought my latex foam pillow from Vermont Country Store maybe 15 years ago.  It has never hardened up like they used to.  I have no idea if they still carry them.  I have a collection of pillows, memory foam, shredded memory foam, polyfill, and the latex.  My current favorite is shredded memory foam because it is really firm.  They came from Laurie Grenier on QVC.  

Honored Contributor

Buy one from a source with a good return policy in case it doesnt suit you.  Often, it's necessary to try several before choosing one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have had a latex pillow for years. It's the best pillow I ever used. I need to buy a new one but want one that's not off-gassing chemical odors.

I will be looking for a natural latex that is GOTS or GOLS certified.

The best natural material pillows will have third-party certifications like GOTS (Global Organic Latex Standard), Greenguard Gold, GOLS (Global Organic Latex Standard) and Eco Institut. This ensures the purity of the materials. Some manufacturers will say that their products are made with natural latex when in fact they are made with a blend of synthetic latex and a small percentage of natural latex. Synthetic latex is less durable and will off-gas chemicals into your home environment.

Honored Contributor

I sleep with a latex foam pillow. I bought it at Bed Bath and Beyond and used a coupon.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee   I prefer lates pillows over anyother kind of pillow. I bought several from Belk some years ago. love them.

Respected Contributor

After spending $$$$$$$ on many pillows, and not loving any, I bought Serta pillows at Kohls.  Medium support.  Very nice and comfortable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

On amazon,take a look at coop  home,goods.pillows, honestly it is the best pillow i have ever had ,3 yrs ,now.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

On amazon,take a look at coop  home,goods.pillows, honestly it is the best pillow i have ever had ,3 yrs ,now.

@goldensrbest 

Just watch out for the crooks selling on Amazon. Some say it's Natural latex when it's a mix of natural & synthetic which will off-gas.

I was just researching online. The site only shows certified natural pillows.

It led me to Latex for Less which leaves out the middle man.

The pillows are on sale right now. They have a shredded latex or solid. Their pillows are OEKO -TEX certified.

Wonder if I should try shredded since i like to bunch the pillow & it's hard to do with the solid. Says you will get the same support but I'm not so sure of that.

I will have to do more research.