Respected Contributor

Re: Amy with Bethlehem Lights

I didn't see the value in 2 sets of fairy lights at that price .... If they sold for $20 I may have picked them up. I think sumilar strands are cheaper during Christmas in July
Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:
Was anyone surprised to hear Amy saying now magical the evening hours are the "moon shines". I was startled to hear this misaccurate commentm. The moon is geologically dead and does not shine. In fact reflected light from the sun illuminates the moon.. There is no nuclear fusion taking place in the Moons core. The moon is old, cold and dead.

Really?  She was trying to draw a picture, set the scene. This is a long way to go to criticize someone. How can anyone around you live up to your literal standards? Are you aware that there are numerous spelling and grammatical errors in your post? Misaccurate is not a word.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever 

Might check your source.

It is NOT “reflected light from the sun🌞 which illuminates the moon🌙 “

The moon 🌙 reflects the light of the sun ☀️.

In trying to make someone else look small, one only makes themselves look petty.

Success!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@Reever  I hope you feel better soon.

Trusted Contributor

Didn't SK, and IM have a whole conversation on PM Style about the moon being a star, or a planet, or something?

Anyhoo, when someone talks casually about the moon shining, they're aren't maening it literally, are they?  Or is that for the philosophers?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good grief! Everyone I know, almost all college educated professionals, speak of the moon "shining". Of course we know it doesn't shine from within. It is an everyday term used by millions and does not reflect Amy's intelligence or lack thereof.

Esteemed Contributor

The moon's dead, really????  I'm so bummed out.

Trusted Contributor

I walk my dog by moonlight every night here in upstate NY and the moon many a night has looked lit from within with an enchanting glow around it.  To me, I could easity say the moon was "shining" maybe not bright like the sun, but in a soft, romantic even mysterious way.   

And for being "dead" as you refer to it, it sure looks beautiful!

Esteemed Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

Didn't SK, and IM have a whole conversation on PM Style about the moon being a star, or a planet, or something?

Anyhoo, when someone talks casually about the moon shining, they're aren't maening it literally, are they?  Or is that for the philosophers?

@MarkeieMark  Oh my goodness! I was watching when they tried to have that discussion. It was hilarious!! I think it must be on YouTube.