Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Pantry

[ Edited ]

SeasonedCitizen,  I've read all the cat who books, but what are the Paris Tea books?  Are they mysteries too?  I love the cat who books.

Trusted Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

They come in a giant box. I used this last year when I was visiting my parents for two weeks over Christmas. I bought a bunch of items I would need while there (deodorant, toilet paper, toothpaste, tampons, tissues, etc) and shipped it all there so it arrived before I did. My mom hasn't been able to drive for nearly two years now because she gets dizzy spells and my dad still works and is very busy. Sending those things ahead meant I didn't have to pack some things and they didn't have to do extra shopping.

I have used Prime Pantry as well with no problems...very convenient!  But this got me thinking about the whole gift giving thing.  I have elderly relatives that are near impossible to buy gifts for.  Something like a Prime Pantry box showing up on their doorstep for a special occassion would be an awesome idea!

Trusted Contributor
I have been a Prime member for four months. I saw a link to Prime Pantry just today. How does it work? Must I buy certain quantities or am I limited to numbers of items? How is shipping handled? The link I clicked on said something about $1.99 shipping. I am interested because of 89 year old parents.
Esteemed Contributor

@KailaS wrote:
I have been a Prime member for four months. I saw a link to Prime Pantry just today. How does it work? Must I buy certain quantities or am I limited to numbers of items? How is shipping handled? The link I clicked on said something about $1.99 shipping. I am interested because of 89 year old parents.

You can buy whatever will fit into the box. When you add items to your shopping cart, it will tell you how much room left. These boxes can get very heavy. I unpacked mine in my hall and brought my items up to the kitchen. 

The promo price is $1.99. It will go to $5.99 in the future. The prices are quite good, even with shipping fees.

Trusted Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@KailaS wrote:

You can buy whatever will fit into the box. When you add items to your shopping cart, it will tell you how much room left. These boxes can get very heavy. I unpacked mine in my hall and brought my items up to the kitchen. 

The promo price is $1.99. It will go to $5.99 in the future. The prices are quite good, even with shipping fees.

_________

Thanks for the explanation, nutmeg3.  I could not figure out what the percentages were at the end of each item considered.  This arrangement just may work for me to order for my parents.