Honored Contributor

Gang, if you like "traditional" style,  the mag "Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles" is a good resource.  Here's a pretty house designed by Courtney Giles.  I like the way she uses color, modern art, and French-tinged furniture and antiques here:

190726_074-1.jpg

Throughout the house, she uses shades of blush, creams and blues.  This feels so comfortable to me, because I use those shades myself!  I like the way she repeated the rosy tones of the modern art in the curtains, etc.  And that striking black marble fireplace really stands out..

190726_158-1light.jpg

I also like the soft Oriental rug layered over the textured sisal...

190726_185-1.jpg

Nice, the way the figured marble goes right up the wall behind the hood..

190726_137-1.jpg

Breakfast area, nothing exciting.

190726_008-1.jpg

The dining room's use of symmetry, along with the heavenly blue color, is so calming.

190726_093-1-640x480.jpg

190726_122-1.jpg

This shade of blue for the den is unexpected, but restful and pleasant.  Love the way it sets off the colorful art.

190726_208-1.jpg

I'm very partial to Venetian mirrors, and to have one layered on another mirror in the powder room--  twice the sparkle, twice the glamour!

190726_228-1.jpg

Guest room is the perfect setting for the owner's collection of blue and white Canton ware:

190726_068-1.jpg

190726_026-1.jpg

The word I keep thinking of for this house is "refreshing".  That's partly because it uses my favorite soft, uplifting decorating colors.  But it's also in the artful arrangements, the ample light streaming in, and the graceful lines of French furniture and comfortable upholstery...

Valued Contributor

I'm still waiting for someone to color in the pink canvas above the fireplace.

Honored Contributor

This is an elegant appealing home.  I love the color schemes of blues and blushes.  The furniture is my taste and the guest room, dining and living rooms are outstanding.  I could move in with very few changes and be content! So lovely throughout!  

Respected Contributor

Very pretty.

The soft colors and elegance is very appealing.

Honored Contributor

VERY nice.  A beautiful well mixed collection. 

Honored Contributor

A nicely done and nicely appointed home. A bit too much blue and a bit on the sleek sleek side for me, but lovely nonetheless.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I like the foyer and the kitchen.  The rest is a little too traditional for me, but it's very well done.

Love the foyer artwork.

Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, @Carol Diane,  I have a feeling that painting might have more nuance if we could see it in "real life".   Even in the photo it looks like it attenuates, and slightly changes in color toward the edges of the work.  There may be changes in texture too.

I glad you highlighted the art though.  Normally, I'm not overly fond of just plain swathes of color, but I find this shade so compatible with the room, that it doesn't matter to me -- it supports the "spirit" of the room.  To me, all the art does that in this house, even though most if it is contemporary.  Gives a zing to all the antiques and classicism.

Valued Contributor

@Oznell ,  I am sure you are correct in your assessment of the nuances of the painting.  It just happened to be the first thing that struck me when I was scrolling  through the pictures!

Esteemed Contributor

For the most part, it is done very well but it's not my personal style.  I found the blue to be jarring in the library.....and I love blue but just not this shade.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown