Super Contributor

Has any one ordered any "as is" products??  Are they usually ok, and worth a try, or should I not bother?  A lot of them are discounted, but not really that steeply.  Any help appreciated!

Honored Contributor

I never have and never will. I've read waaaay to many posts here about "as is" being dirty, torn, smelly,  broken, etc.

I think one would have better luck at a garage sale where you could see the used item before you bought it.

I'll pass, no how, no way.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased 2 pairs of Clarks Medora Gemma shoes - and they were brand new - and perfect. Paid 1/2 price. If it's a newer product (rather a product over a year old), I'd take a chance. If u receive something "used" or in bad shape - return it to QVC and make sure u write on the form that it's defective - so u don't have to pay.

Honored Contributor

I guess I've been lucky.

I don't order a lot but anything I ever did order as is was like new-different categories.

But I've read here that many have had not such good results so I guess you take a chance.

If it is defective in any way you can return with shipping refunded as well.

But I expect "as is" to be perfectly all right as it should be.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

oh boy, stalking as is is my vice. 

last few of as is purchases:

H214438

A267243

H213964

H214113

H213963

H214121

H210476

H213944

A290093

A290527

i have not been disappointed.   i know i can return if needed.   i love the reduced price.  i love being able to get something that sold out on the reg item.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

my experience which is limited to buying VPH items & kitchen items has been excellent.  One time I had a broken glass piece - called Q within a week had replacement (was told to dispose of glass no return process).

I've always been pleased & just recently saved $13.00 on 1 item ...love "as is"!

Respected Contributor

Yes & for me it's worked out well. Recently ordered 2 pairs of Clark's at over half off & in perfect condition, Christmas decor, battery candles, jewerly, throws & a few clothing items. One time an item did arrive damaged but I wanted to fix it so called CS explained the situation & they gave me a generous refund. It's worth a try & if it's not in good condition call to get a return shipping refund. Good Luck.

Respected Contributor

I have ordered only holiday decor items from "as is" and they have all been perfect. For these types of items I much prefer getting them for a lower price. And if they are dmaged you can still get a full refund.

Honored Contributor

Good to see so many of you have had good luck with As Is. It's just not for me personally.

Trusted Contributor

I've ordered a lot of As Is items, mostly clothes and shoes, and have never had a problem. Most items still have tags and do not appear used at all. The savings are definitely worth it.