Honored Contributor

ARCHITECHTURAL AND ROOM 'EYE CANDY'

It's at "The Painted Room",  a blog that features gorgeous rooms, superbly photographed.  The blog seems to have ended in 2013, but wow.  I love that she gives the actual paint colors, so if you're smitten by any given color you see, you can note that it's Benjamin Moore "Wythe Blue", or whatever.

What a cheerful "morning room" in a D.C. showhouse:

Love this neutral "Dry Sage" color for walls.  Not aggressive, but distinctive and enhances other colors:

I find so interesting this stunning vintage architechture below, paired with a spare, clean design aesthetic:

Whew, it's a good thing this is a defunct blog and therefore limited-- it's easy to get lost in the images...

http://paintedroom.com/

Respected Contributor

Re: ARCHITECHTURAL AND ROOM 'EYE CANDY'

Thank you, @Oznell !

Esteemed Contributor

I love the use of neutral walls with a variety of colors, textures and details.

I also like the mixing of old and new furnishings. Looks like a curated home and not an ad for a furniture store, which seems like so much of what I see.

Although I just renovated my kitchen in gray walls/ white cabinets/ SS appliances I am bored to death with gray/ white and farmhouse.

I used a "blue-ish" shade of gray and splurged on stone counter tops and glass tile backsplash for texture.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell   Eye candy for sure!  I love the last picture with all the detail molding.  The time it took to create that is amazing, what craftsmanship.  Years ago, we did a home in Lake Forest from the ground up.  Expert craftsman of this nature were few and far between.  We had a woodworker, Mr. Bordiga in New York, he would make all the detail molding out of wood in New York to be used as molds.  The molds were shipped to the site and plaster had to be hand poured for them to be installed.  It was a major project because there were no craftsmen available.  Mr. Bordiga was in his 80's at the time.  It has changed now, so many more are available for the lost art.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell  Oh, how I love the black door!  My front door is black as well and the outside of the house is white with black shutters, very traditional.  I have painted all my interior doors black as well which I love.  I took it one step further and painted one of the bathrooms black with all white trim and the vanity is all white with a wall to wall mirror above it.  It's striking and I love it!  Not a closed in feeling either!

Honored Contributor

Very nice.

Honored Contributor

The rooms are all lovely and appealing each in their own way.  I lean toward spaces which have decor and color.  It was a enjoyable picture tour of design!!!!

Honored Contributor

I love all of these rooms..it truly was EYE CANDY for me..thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell   Such lovely and peaceful spaces....so welcoming and inviting.

I especially love the entry (4th pic).......so serene. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  Thank you for posting.  I like the mix that is found in each room.  I especially like that some of the room colors are given.  Too many times I see a picture of a room where I really like the wall color, but there is rarely a mention of it and who the manufacturer is.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!