Honored Contributor

Re: AMERICANA VIGNETTES

[ Edited ]

I guess I'm just not much of a Yankee Doodle Dandy type... While there are aspects of 'Americana' I can appreciate, like primitive American furniture, I personally draw the line at displays of bunting, flags, and most red, white and blue decor choices. Some of the red, white and blue rooms here are a bit more sophisticated and while this is still not a color scheme I'd personally choose to embrace, I find several of them very appealing. I also like several of the rooms that feature more of an early American look but without the red. white and blue trappings. Among others pictured, I like the kitchen, dining room, the two rooms with red walls, and the Lauren room, though the latter needs a bit of streamlining and tweaking.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

WHEW. A few rooms boogled my mind, but overall I liked most. My problem is, I like a lot of different decor if the rooms are styled to my liking. I lean toward rustic or a homey traditional style. Even some of the popular farmhouse appeals to me. Some professional decorators are too wild for me to comprehend what they are striving for. A modge podge of trying to put all styles and colors together. What??  

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of Americana, but the bathroom pictured would look great in a beach house!