Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

I found a copy of Country Living Spevial Issue Flea Market Finds at the grocery store!

Honored Contributor

Yay, thanks for the tip, @ECBG -- I will be on the lookout, just that tantalizing cover gets me going!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

I went to the antique sea town of Southport today to two antique stores.

The best was a smaller one and just inside the door she had a china cabinet from the 1940's filled in much the same way..  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

A Floral is 20% off.  They have silks.

Oh.....I did see a "real touch" type of flower at a floral shop in Southport.   The blossom was the width of a coffee mug and it looked real.  Beautiful!

Honored Contributor

That sounds like a fun town, @ECBG ,  and right up your alley.  Is Southport in coastal North Carolina?  You must be having a blast, wandering all the quaint shops!

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Miklasa is having a big sale!  I was able to get that $160.00 12 in crystalnvase I wanted 30% off and an additional amt from the word posted on the site!

With tax, the vase was $56.00!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

What a score, good for you, @ECBG !  It's so great to get just what you wanted for your vision.

I was not planning on getting anything this weekend (and I even took a bunch of stuff to donate to St. Vincent de Paul's.)

But realized I wanted a big, clear bottle, preferably round, to put some 'minimal' stems or branches in.  Found a cute one at my local antique mall for a few dollars, even has a little round side handle that makes it look like a jug.  The guy told me it was originally used to hold apple cider vinegar....

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

I would SO love to see what you got!Smiley Happy

I wish you lived close so we could antique together!

Did you find the magazine?  There is an article on reclaiming that is going to capture your interest!

Honored Contributor

Ditto, @ECBG ,  we could do so much damage, ha.   Oh, I did track that magazine down when I was out today --  it looked so good, leafing through.  We were in a hurry, and I could not decide that quickly if I wanted to spend that much money on a magazine-- it is so annoying that they are so pricey now.  So I tabled that decision for later!