Honored Contributor

Re: A Nice Mix Of Pattern Or Not?

I love prints, but my current livingroom has one print and everything else co-ordinates with its colors.

I do not buy small prints like those in the large pictures or the lamp.  Not for my clothes or my home decor.

I had mixed prints in the living room I refurnished in the 90's, but even then the prints for both the furniture and the art were not flowery.  

Esteemed Contributor

Not.........way too busy for me.  Too many prints and I don't like the elephants or tiger stripes.  In the jungle, yes, here, no.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for Asian decor in a home so it's not for me. 

There is too much going on in this room but I love the pale blue chair and to my amazement I don't dislike the tiger pillow on the chair.

I would have to remove the Asian influence and work with the chair, sofa, and 2 tables.

Honored Contributor

It's just all too much, too busy.  It's like when someone is wearing too many accessories.  I just want to go up and remove some.  

The room has great potential, but just much going on.  

Honored Contributor

Absolutely!!!

Respected Contributor

way over done.

Honored Contributor

Too much for me, and I don't care for Asian Decor!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's a pretty room. There are things I like more and that I like less and things I'd change, such as the lamps, but overall, I find it appealing, even though it's not a look I'd choose for my own space.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Beautiful example of English country house-inspired style, @jubilant .   And I say that as one who, personally, wouldn't want that much visually going on.

But wow, I admire the knowingness of the combinations.  The all-important scale of the prints has been varied enough, there's a uniting thread of color palette running through it all, and there are sophisticated little surprise zingers like the animal print, to prevent the descent into mere 'prettiness'.

Like the Brits, I love good porcelain,  but I'd have only a few pieces rather than the profusion in the shelves.  

I also need more of an eclectic feeling in a room, with always a little modern salted in, to leaven the antiques.  But that's just personal preference--  for lovers of classic English design, this room hits all the right notes.  Where's my cuppa?!

Esteemed Contributor

It's a very nice welcoming room. I like it.