Honored Contributor

Re: A Family Homestead With Deep Roots

@Mominohio wrote:

Never understood the fascination with IKEA or it's 'stuff', as anything I've seen I hesitate to call it furniture.

Maybe I haven't seen the right things, but it all looks modern or cheap to me.

Some day I'll go to their website and see if I can change my mind!

@Mominohio I don't care for a lot of their stuff as well. Some of it is nice, but I was not that impressed when I visited the store in Illinois, now in Wisconsin we are building one-should be done mid-2018. Not that excited......... A lot of people are though and my brother and sister in law bought a lot of things from there for their home, and it was so pretty-but It is very modern to me too...... 

Trusted Contributor

They did a nice job of incoporating old with the new, Hard to tell the Ikea pieces.

Valued Contributor

I can just see all the flies on that cow making a beeline for the front door.

Honored Contributor

I have a whole book on Scandivavian interiors because for some reason I just love their style.  i love the slightly random, almost naive look of the rooms, their whimsical nature, the array of vibrant pastel colors used that make the most of Northern light...

It's a tradtiion that has deep roots.  Thinking of Carl Larrson's charming interiors, and even Isak Dinesen.  When she came back to Denmark from Kenya after Denys Finch-Hatton's death, she filled her Danish house in a slightly more stately but still typically charming and spontaneous way...

Honored Contributor

I love the place, especially the bedroom.