Honored Contributor

I am thinking I would empty the room...keep the black walls and add all new furniture, lighting, and art, in creams and very pale greens, blues, or grays. I would also add some plants. I guess I would change the entire room.

Honored Contributor

Re: 1980s Deco LR

[ Edited ]

This doesn't really strike me as 80's or Deco... but regardless, the only thing I like is the tufted Chesterfield sofa... On second thought, I don't even like that... Maybe the sideboard...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I also see very little Art Deco-- maybe the small round lacquered occasional tables?  Seems oppressive, somehow-- not my idea of an appealing space.

Esteemed Contributor

LOVE the black walls.  The furniture is just OK....I'd probably swap it out and do some different accessories in the room.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: 1980s Deco LR

[ Edited ]

Image result for kitty meme NO

If it's 80s furniture....I saw that sofa in a furniture store recently...maybe its been sitting in the showroom all this time and nobody bought it...LOL!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”