Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 

Perfect term, "excuse du jour," for slow delivery. I always am amazed at the made up reasons for delivery issues.  Thankfully, the problem delivery is something for me.  

For seven days before today it was a missing Chewy delivery with special food for my cat with food allergies. Every day, I received an email that noted my package was " out for delivery." It was coming 40 miles. It arrived after 7 days.

Respected Contributor
Given that the wreaths were ordered in July there is no excuse to be delayed. I am sending a letter to Whitney Wreaths tomorrow to express my dissatisfaction. They have lost me as a long time customer. I will order fron LL Bean next year.
Honored Contributor

@Reever    In July, Valeries manufacturer would have had no idea what the shipping situation might be in November.  These wreaths may be made in a rural area, not readily accessible to motor freight transportation, where they were not a priority.  I feel sure transportation is the issue, although there may also be labor problems.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

All good points!

Never understand why as customers (and no big savings) we continue to order & allow QVC to get a pass for cheapest rate shipping and EXCUSE after EXCUSE...thank goodness, the media hype keeps customers "understanding"!

There is absolutely no reason to sell something that is not readily available to the consumer.  The wreaths obviously were "advanced orders" yet,QVC PTB know if they'd be available (or VPH for that matter) and could notify the customer🤬 

Personally, I've done all my shopping with various retailers and yet not receive a item within a reasonable amount (3-5 days) of time or not be notified if item unavailable and issued refund.  Plus, always free shipping. 

There are too many other sources to shop.  My shopping experience with QVC is only when I can't find item or similar at another retailer.

Respected Contributor
Its a black eye on Valerie Par Hill. 2nd year in a rowthe wreaths have shipped late. Valerie doesnt answer negative emails. She needs to fix this problem or stop selling wreaths from Whitney Farms.
Respected Contributor

@Reever   Checked my account this morning my wreaths were to be delivered this week.  This morning my date was changed to delivery 12/27    

HUH?  nope not aceptable.  I understood last year, but these advance orders have been a dud.  THeres really no excuse that they cant get a delivery out with this muuch notice.  Back to LLBean next year

Respected Contributor
@meem120. I sent a letter to Whitney Wreaths expressing my dissatisfaction. People order these wreaths months in advance. Demand a refund from QVC. What good does a wreath do arriving the week of Dec 27th? People need to message Valerie also. She failed us also. Disgusted with the cover up. 2 years in a row shipping delays from this entity.
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@KailaS  I've gotten that illegible label message too, and when it arrived, the label was perfectly clear.  It was obviously the "excuse du jour" for slow delivery. 

-----

@Kachina624 

You were spot on. My cold but unfrozen cookie dough arrived today. Styrofoam was damaged but the shipping label was perfect!