Valued Contributor

Re: "Carver Dan" Has Passed Away

So sorry to hear this. Thanks for posting the sad news.

Respected Contributor

I gave the motorcycle box to a guy friend for Xmas and I bought the same one for myself a few months ago on a lunchtime special. Lovely boxes to have.

RIP Carver Dan

Honored Contributor

His work was beautiful!

Carver Dan's Blonde Angel Puzzle Box with Magnet Closures

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aww, I'm sorry to read this.  For Christmas, we always give our kids and grandkids a "bonus" or "surprise" gift in addition to their main gift.  Last year I bought Carver Dan puzzle boxes for everyone and stuck gift cards inside.  

@Caaareful Shopper - since Dan Hughes did the writing for Dan Terrico, the account would be called a biography.  An autobiography is when the person writes the account of their life themselves.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Aww, I'm sorry to read this.  For Christmas, we always give our kids and grandkids a "bonus" or "surprise" gift in addition to their main gift.  Last year I bought Carver Dan puzzle boxes for everyone and stuck gift cards inside.  

@Caaareful Shopper - since Dan Hughes did the writing for Dan Terrico, the account would be called a biography.  An autobiography is when the person writes the account of their life themselves.  

@JeanLouiseFinch   Yes, I'm well aware of the difference. Smiley Happy

Dan Hughes himself said he was helping to write Carver Dan's autobiography for the past few months -- before he died.  I took that to mean it was indeed Carver Dan writing/dictating his autobiography, with Dan Hughes' help, and then finishing off the final writing.  

Writing an autobiography of someone else has been done.  But it requires a high level of collaboration, of which I assume Dan had with his good friend who he must have known did not have long.