Valued Contributor

I am so enjoyinf hsn s day of decor  I cant believe the difference  compared to qvc  Their prices are so high  for nothing that great  I would love your opinion on the tsv tree  I would love a tree with thousands of light but the tree looks fake  What do you think  ?

Honored Contributor

IMO they have nicertrees at Home Depot, Hobb Lobby, Michaels & Lowe's.

The TSV tree looks cheap and all those wires (for the lights) showing are certainly not what I would expect for the prices they are asking!

Honored Contributor

The tsv is overpriced. I got a beautiful prelit tree from target that was much nicer and larger at that price. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just saw the tree and it seems like with all the options flashing it is more to go wrong.ugly!

I started in July trying to get a smaller tree. Two Casa Zeta Jones trees were returned due to one that punched a hole in the box & bent the pole and the replacement was obviously a return. (Thrown in box, no batteries in remote or stocking as pictured. Lights did weird things like not all changing color then not turning all the way off. made by Santa's Best.

Now I'm upset because my 2 year old Bethlehem Lights tree has a section that won't work. I've been e mailing for days about the 5 year warranty they want to send me lights to put on it. And fuses when a socket pulled from the pole. Say they don't repair them .Today I told them I'm waiting for Big Lots or Lowe's, Michaels,  to go on sale, even Wall Mart if they are just lasting 2 years!

I told them the warranty should cover this & she's talking to her superviser. Did say not to plug it in or replace fusses!

I gave my son a Santas Best multi function about 4 years ago and it's fine. Also a smaller one that didn't look right in the living room. I think they were made better then!

I ordered a 7' Valerie slim because I need a tree and know there will be glitter all over but should be easier to put up. 

I'll look for a spare on sale CHEAP locally for when the new QVC one doesn't work!

Valued Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to give me such detailed info

Esteemed Contributor

This is why I would not buy a Christmas tree on line.   I agree that I saw some beautiful ones at Home Depot, though I wasn't shopping for that and didn't check the prices.   I would much rather buy local so I can return it,  if in fact it doesn't work correctly as so many of these lighted products  seem to not work well or for very long.   I fell into the trap and bought a lighted Pointsettia and wreath from the Q by Bethlehem lights a few years ago.   The lights haven't worked since the second season I used them Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

This is why I would not buy a Christmas tree on line.   I agree that I saw some beautiful ones at Home Depot, though I wasn't shopping for that and didn't check the prices.   I would much rather buy local so I can return it,  if in fact it doesn't work correctly as so many of these lighted products  seem to not work well or for very long.   I fell into the trap and bought a lighted Pointsettia and wreath from the Q by Bethlehem lights a few years ago.   The lights haven't worked since the second season I used them Smiley Sad

@LindaSal - I also used to think I'd need to see Christmas trees in person before buying, but I found an absolutely gorgeous tree on Amazon a few years ago and have never been sorry about taking the plunge to purchase it sight unseen—it was just as good as the picture and reviews and hasn't had a single problem. Sorry to hear about your bad luck with BL; I purchased a wreath from them recently and was really unimpressed with the greenery, though the lights seemed fine.

Honored Contributor

I bought my tree last year from Home Depot.  I got it Black Friday and only paid $35.99 for the tree.  It's a 6'5" tree and not overly big around so it's manageable for me. 

I brought the tree home and went to plug it all in to make sure it lit and there was no male end to plug into the female end. I had to take the tree down and put it all back in the box and take it back to HD.  Got another one, brought it home and lit it, all was good.  Shaped it and got it all decorated and into place.  As it got darker in the family room and the lights on the tree were more prominent, I realized that the top 2 sections of the tree had the golden white lights and the bottom section was the cool, brighter white lights. 

It's very noticeable and I'm very annoyed but there was no way I was taking everything off the tree and exchanging it again.  I contacted HD about it and they told me to contact the manufacturer of the tree.  Their solution was to send me lights to string in which defeats the purpose of the pre-lit tree.  HD said they wouldn't take it back after x-mas.

So I'm not so sure it's that much better to buy locally.  LOL  Yes my tree was cheap but it's really a gorgeous shape, perfect height and I love the color.